flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant 30 years in nyc computer industry working with PC and networks banks brokerage legal etc.
23372949

SEEKING FREE UTILITY - I am looking program that will

Customer Question

SEEKING FREE UTILITY - I am looking for a program that will accept any number of dollar amounts AND also a desired result amount. EG: Desired amount = $123.45 I would have entered perhaps 20 different amounts. The program would try every combination to see if 2 or more individual items would equal the $123.45. Can anyone find such a utility for me?
Category: Software
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
I am an Information Technology Professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.
Do you wish for me to setup an Excel document that can do this for you?
I will be standing by.
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The excel option would be a last resort. I do not use excel but do have it on my computer. I want something easy to use. I have no idea how user friendly the item you would setup for me is. Try to locate a stand alone for me. I have another entirely different question. I will post it now for you only.

Hi Len,
Please, give me one full example of what you want the application to do. Once I have the information, I will complete the coding for you.
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Jason, I really don't want to use Excel. I must hold out for a dedicated utility. Here is an example of the need I have. I have made 10 purchases from Amazon. Here they are:

1. 9.55

2. 123.44
3. 94.44

4. 3.44

5. 9.95

6. 19.33

7. 223.44

8. 33.45

9. 53.33

10. 9.99

Assume I receive a bill for 123.76. I want to know if any combination of the individual purchases total to 123.76. That way I know exactly what I am paying for. There MUST be a little utility for that somewhere.

I am sorry, but I will not be able to get this working for you.
For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.
The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.
When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.
Thank you for your patience.
- Jason
Expert:  Satchi replied 1 year ago.
Hi ,
Welcome to justanswer .
The number of entries will be max 10 times only ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi! The maximum number of entries would be 22.

Expert:  Satchi replied 1 year ago.
Ok Any language specific ?
Expert:  Satchi replied 1 year ago.
Any programming language specific
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

All English in DOLLARS and CENTS format. $123.45. Maximum dollar amount will be $999.00. It would need to run on either Windows 7 OR on Android phone.

Expert:  Satchi replied 1 year ago.
OK I will create a tool to run in windows 7 .and will update you asap
Expert:  Satchi replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I have tried but not able to do ..SO I am opting out ,so that other programming expert can hel you
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry my requested was posted accidentally, i will opt out as i am not a programming expert.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 year ago.
I can't imagine there would be enough demand that anybody would have one on the market. But it might be an interesting programming assignment maybe one of your local schools will do it for you