Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I have an external hard drive that I store & save embroidery designs i

Customer Question

I have an external hard drive that I store & save embroidery designs in various named folders, recently I went to a particular folder to retrieve a design only to find that folder empty along with many other folders. Where did these designs go????? I never delete anything from this drive.
Category: Software
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.
When did the problem start?
May I start a remote session so I can take a look at the problem and solve it for you now?
Please reply using the box below.
Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know when it happened as I don't go to the external hard drive weekly, only when I need a design from there. When I opened the folder it was completely empty, so I looked at some other folders they were also empty, however not all the folders on the drive were emplty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello r u there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want to say if the problem is not solved I will dispute the payment, just so you know, I WILL NOT PAY FOR NOTHING
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
That's strange, do you notice any other files missing as well or just those?
Would you like me to see if I can recover the files for you via a remote session?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no only my external hard drive
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
I've sent you a request to start a remote session, did you get it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, I did and I can't allow that. I have sent a dispute to paypal regarding the $36.00, since you didn't do anything I don't wish to pay the $36.00 charge. The last time someone took control of my computer it was a turned into a BIG MESS.
Sorry to have taken up your chat time, but I was under the impression an answer would be forth coming, not a request asking for more money.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
As you may know in any job there are questions with straight answers and ones with variables - your question depends on a lot of variables and it's not something I can simply respond with a 3 step solution.
If you like I can check the problem first and you can choose if it's worth fixing for the amount presented to you.
Regarding the remote control problem you had before, I do agree it's becoming more and more common for people to call you up pretending to be someone else saying you have a problem that needs fixing but this isn't the case, you contacted a reputable company with highly trained experts - in this situation an engineer.
There's no need to send a dispute via Paypal - you can request a refund and get it much faster by contacting our billing department here:
ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us
Let me know if you'd like me to take a look at it without an extra charge so I can tell you if it's fixable in the first place.
Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if you are unable to correct the problem are you still going to keep the $36.00????????
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
No, of course not!
Providing it cannot be solved you can request a refund, you have 30 days to do so from when you asked your question.
Would you like to give it a shot?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay, but if you are unable to locate the designs that belong in the folders I will request a refund
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Sure but I should let you know the remote session is an additional service and comes with an additional fee, providing I can recover the files and folders for you there will be an additional fee.
From your computer click the following link:
Click Here
Then click Join your session -->
And run (open) the program that gets downloaded Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client
Let me know once you've done that or if you need additional steps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry Martin, I do not wish to pay anything else since you cannot guarantee that you can recover the files.
I will file for a refund of the $36.00. sorry to have wasted your time & mine.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
No problem, as I said I can take a look at it to give you a diagnosis free of charge but if it can be fixed you will have the option of accepting the charge to get it fixed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it keeps saying a full refund within 20 hours, but it doesn't allow me to log-on to anything to request that refund, I will check my paypal account again in search of that refund otherwise I will have to file a dispute and nothing was accomplished for the $36.00
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
I will forward your request to customer service to see if we can speed up the process.
Have a lovely evening.
Regards,