Pete, Computer Expert
Experience:  CISCO certified computer and networking expert
30970729

Computer- WordPress issue. Not a duplicate. In the last 2

Customer Question

Computer- WordPress issue. Not a duplicate. In the last 2 days I have been receiving an error message when trying to access my website which I host with WordPress. Unfortunately I can't log in into my WordPress.org account. It seems like it might be related to the error message I am getting.

I would like to submit a ticket to Wordpress but it seems like i have to be in my account in order to do so. I don't see any way to talk with an agent on their website. Is there another way to submit a ticket to WordPress or contact them via phone/chat without having to log in into my account? I am already aware that there is a Webpress forum. If you have any useful information on contact number or submitting a ticket please let me know.

Category: Software
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi,If you can't log in to submit a support ticket, then your only other option is the support forum:https://wordpress.org/support/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Pete,

I have asked JustAnswer to have my previous question (whom you responded to) closed because I didn't feel you were able or willing to put an effort in resolving the issue (unless I pay an extra $5!).

I don't understand why you responded to this question either?

For your information I was able to correct the error message related to my website and WordPress by calling my host, Webhero. Maybe this information will help you help another client.

So what did they do to correct the problem: "We logged in through the FTP, removed everything in the /public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-simple-firewall folder and replaced it with the latest copy of that same plugin from the official website. Apparently this was a bug in one of their updates and manually updating it was the only way to correct it:https://wordpress.org/support/topic/urgent-parse-error-srcprocessorshack_protectphp. The issue was basically caused by a faulty update from the developers of the Simple Security Firewall plugin. We had to log in using ftp access because the problem was preventing the site from loading.

Please don't ask for any rating as you don't deserve any!

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dominique,
Most questions are replied to within a few minutes or less, however I noticed that your questions had been going unanswered for a long time, as unfortunately the answer was not good news.
I felt that you deserved some sort of response, so felt I should reach out and let you know the best course of action.
Sorry if you feel I don't deserve a rating for reaching out,
Glad to hear you were able to get the problem sorted in any case.
All the best,
Pete.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dominique,
I notice your rating for my service has not gone through...
Do you need any further assistance?