Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, IT Expert
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP. Software Integration and Deployment Expert
23511658

This question is about LiveCycleI need to create a table

Customer Question

This question is about LiveCycle
I need to create a table from information entered into data fields on submission.
The end goal is to loop through table and list the info in the table in the body of message being sent.
Not sure where to begin.
Category: Software
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. All you really need to do to accomplish this is to bind each field on the form to a field in the database. Once you've done the data binding, for each form you will have a record in the database that contains that form information. As long as you're not doing anything fancy with it any just need to store that sponsor data in an associated database, it should be a fairly simple thing to complete. It something that you would like to do for you – work like that is at an additional cost, I'll be happy to give you a quote for but that's totally up to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do understand your suggestions but form is not tied to a database. It is local file that is used by different users all over and not tied to a database.That is why I was hoping to know whether or not I can store the data in a table within the form then loop throw the rows to extract the information.
I think what we are talking about are 2 different things. If you need to take information from the current form and put it in a different part of the form, you can do that by just the beginning the form field. However, you cannot take input from the form and use it to modify the form, such as adding lines to it with that data. That would be something very unusual. The standard protocol is to put the data in a database from the form. The form itself does not have the ability to store data.