Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, 20+ years experience.
63083622

Steam Games From Steam & Install

Customer Question

Hello My Name Is ***** ***** & Im Wondering If i Can Take Steam Games From Steam & Install Them Onto My Computer So I Can Use Pinnacle Games Profiler So I Can Set The Controller Up To The Game But I Get A Folder In Backups Called Disk_1 & Other Files Such As CSD & CSM Files So Can U Please Show Me How To Save & Install On My Computer Thanks Very Much. Josh.

Category: Software
Expert:  Wes replied 1 year ago.
Josh, if you have the latest version of PGP... when you create a new game profile, there is a steam icon to the right of the "Associated File (or URL)" field. Click on that icon and you'll see a list of your installed steam games. Click on the game you want to create a profile for, then hit "Ok". You can then start out with an empty controller profile and set up each axis/button/etc... or you can click the "Emulate Xbox360 Controller" to have some starting values set.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks But Is There A Way To Save Or Backup Games From Steam To My Computer & I Can Then Save Them To A Enternal Hard Drive & Install Them Whenever I Want Thanks Josh

Expert:  Wes replied 1 year ago.
Yes, there are ways to do it. One way is to right click on the game and select "Backup Game Files". However, this doesn't work for all games. You also need to create a folder for each game on the external hard drive. You can also manually copy the files in your steam apps directory which is usually C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common or on 64-bit systems, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\commonYou also have to copy the game's .ACF file which is usually in the C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps or on 64-bit systems, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps) folder. The "appmanifest file" will not always be named the same as the game name. Often they're labelled "appmanifest_xxxxx.acf". In order to determine which one is for the game you are backing up, you need to go into the game's store page on steam and look for it's app number in the url bar. For example, say you wanted to back up Fallout 3. You would copy the fallout 3 directory from the C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common (I think it's Fallout 3 goty). To find the app number, you open steam, click on Fallout 3, then in the right hand window on the right hand side under links side you'll see "Store Page". Click on that. Then right click on the store page somewhere and select "Copy Page Url". Open up notepad, or a web browser and right click and select paste". You'll see a web address and at the end a number. That number is ***** games app number. So then you would go back into windows explorer, to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps or C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps and look for a file with that number and copy it to your external hard drive. Then when you go to reinstall that game, you copy everything back to their original folders.Let me know if that works for you.