Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I just signed up 30 day trial of SketchUp Pro. I am

Customer Question

I just signed up for a 30 day trial of SketchUp Pro. I am an interior designer and need to learn to create 3-D renderings of rooms and import exact furniture to show clients. I know how to create 2-D using Icovia which is for designers. This SketchUP is so detailed and allI want now is what I just explained. Can I go quickly to that area, create 2-D's and then learn to make them into 3-D rooms with several views?
What I need is to learn this quickly. Thanks! LoraineThompson
Category: Software
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to add to the question is have sent:
I do not want to start from an object that is in 3-D and make it into 2-D.
I need to be able to create a 2-D floor plan from a blank page to dimensions given me by a client, add all windows, doors and openings. Then I need to be able to make that into a 3-D rendering, add colors, textures, light, shadow and import decore'
from other places for specific furniture, light fixtures , area rugs, accessories, etc. Since I can create 2-D plans now on Icovia,
maybe I should start with that and then send it to Sketchup to make it into a 3-D room. I have been trying to get this answer for several weeks --- so you can imagine why I am being so specific --- because no one seems to do things this way.
Expert:  Richard Hall replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** feel your pain. Design is tough, because most of the programs don't share files well. We can work through your first two issues pretty simply, but your main issue is just software usage, so If you are still needing assistance,I can point you towards a tutorial that you can watch, it is in total about an hour and separated into parts.To start out with drawing in 2d is typical, and I believe what your issue is, you are a wiz on icovia and can draw in scale etc... just about anything in 2d. But your clients like seeing the rooms in 3-d because they probably have a difficulty understanding room sizes without "Seeing" them. Am I on the right track here?Richard