Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I desperately need to install Microsoft's Picture It! 2000

Customer Question

I desperately need to install Microsoft's Picture It! 2000 on my Lenovo PC running Win 7 Professional (64 bit). All over web people have had conversations about this and no one has fix. Upon install I get ERROR message about needing I.E. 5. PLEASE??? can
anyone resolve this for me? Desperate! Ron NOTE: I am NOT looking for an answer of, 'it's not do-able', or expecting me to do what I cannot, I'm not a tech. Please bear in mind I'm looking for a "FIX", to get this software Installed. Anything short of that
will find me unsatisfied and looking for a refund.
Category: Software
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.
I can get this working for you under a virtual machine but it will take quite some time so I will have to set an additional fee to the session as I will need to connect to your computer remotely and install a bunch of programs to get it to work.
Let me know if you're interested, I have got this working before even under Windows 8.1 so I can guarantee it will work.
Please reply using the box below.
Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Martin. In creating a virtual machine, is that a partition on my C drive? Will it slow or make my new PC less stable...at all? And how would I access, move back and forth between virtual and basic desktop? Will I be able to switch to the Picture It! program quickly to fix something, and come back to regular computer to apply? Can you ballpark what total cost, complete will be?
Thanks so much Ron
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
The virtual machine is actually a software that runs on your computer and emulates another operating system, for example an older operating system - which would let you run the program as it was meant to run.
Of course your computer will feel the extra load both in RAM usage and processor usage but it is the only way you'll get this going, unless you invest in an older computer with an older operating system just for Microsoft Picture.
The additional service would be around the $120 mark as there is a lot I need to do to get it going and I will require a couple of hours to work on it.
Feel free to think about it and whether the software is worth it for you and get back to me.
Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so much Ron
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Martin,
NO, I've no interest, zero, interest, in lose/lose. Make system slower and cost $120+ additionally. So NO, I'm REQUESTING A FULL REFUND. Please expedite this...prior to my contacting my bank card to dispute charge. Our conversation, my initial mailing, and your response make clear you were unable to complete task without requiring me to spend money I don't have.Be looking forward soon.
RK
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Not sure why you would contact your bank to dispute a charge but you can contact billing about a refund using this link:
ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us
They would be more than happy to help you with that.
Also, in regards ***** ***** last question, the virtual machine runs like any other program on your computer, you can minimize it, switch to it, off it, just like you would if you were running Microsoft Picture It! 2000 normally - the only difference is the virtual machine would require about 1GB of RAM (memory) to run properly which most computers have nowadays.
The additional fee is expensive but not for the amount of work needed to get it running properly.
Hope you manage to get it going!
Regards,