Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks
32989067

I have a hp pavilion 23-po14arunning windows 8. my premiere

Customer Question

I have a hp pavilion 23-po14arunning windows 8. my premiere elements 13 will not allow me to burn a finished video to DVD. if I save it to the hard drive windows media player will only play back the audio not the video. do I need to purchase an external dvd burner? Thank you in advance for any information you can give me. Regards ***** *****
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome Bernie.I need to eliminate a number of causes for this problem, so see what the issue is. First I want to remove any corruption on the hard disk that can cause this.To do this, please do the following.Press the windows key + X and click on Command Prompt (admin) Type in it sfc /scannow press enter and when it has completed, type in chkdsk /r Press enter. It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.Then try to make a disk and tell me if it now works please.I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
after entering sfc/scannow and pressing enter the screen indicaed "No items match your search"
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you forgot the space. Its sfc /scannowso a space before the / pleaseAlso you have to do it in the black window, dont skips steps please as you missedPress the windows key + X and click on Command Prompt (admin)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi RichieMe
I followed the above instructions and it took overnight to complete the chkdsk. I then tried to make a disc on both adobe premiere elements 13 and also on Nero 2015 video editing programmes with no success. talk soon Cheers Bernie