Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I was downloading an update Digital Editions but

Customer Question

I was downloading an update for Adobe Digital Editions but during the update it asked me to agree to install Norton Anti-Virus software to continue - could not opt out of this so I had to cancel the update. I have anti-virus software on my laptop so why do I need to agree to this?
Category: Software
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.
These are bundled softwares usually. May i connect with you remotely to fix this and do the update?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, when I originally downloaded Adobe Digital Editions it did not force me to download Norton Anti-virus software so why now?
I don't want Norton Anti-virus so why don't I have the option to opt out of downloading Norton software?
There should be an option. Can you send me a screen shot so i can see and tell you what the issue is exactly and how to prevent it? OR may i connect remotely as that will be easier and quick?