Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Software expert
50836188

CS6 Design & Web Premium (purchased in 2012) on Windows 7 64-bit In

Customer Question

CS6 Design & Web Premium (purchased in 2012) on Windows 7 64-bit
In Acrobat X Pro any pdf I try to edit or form pdf I try to create it freezes (Not Responding). I uninstalled just Acrobat, used the cleaner tool, then reinstalled from CS6 installer. Still freezing. So then I tried each of the following:
•Used the repair tool out of Acrobat - didn't help
•Did this off the forums: Now, here is the solution to your problem: Go to Edit -> Preferences -> and uncheck the Option "Enable Protected Mode at Startup". Now close you Acrobat Reader and when you start it again it should not freeze anymore”. But that only let me do a couple things in a form and still froze up.
•So then I did this off the forums: Preferences-->security(enhanced) and uncheck "Automatically trust sites from my Win os security zone". And so far that is letting me edit the form without freezing. But that was several hours ago at work, now when I just tried to open the form to edit again it started freezing again!
Can anyone help me with this? I am ready to cry or explode! Thanks
Category: Software
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Hi! Try this.. Close all CS6 windowsRight click on CS6 and select Properties Click on the Compatibility tab Select Run this program in compatibility mode Select Windows XP (service pack 3) Press Apply then OK Open CS6 again to edit PDF forms
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I couldnt find cs6 properties so I only changed acrobat properties. Well it let me make a few edits then froze. Couldnt even right click to close this time. Had to restart. When I open Acrobat I get message "do you want to allow program to make changes to this computer" acrobat.exe?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It just did it again...only iy doesnt say Not Responding at top these last 2 times. Had to restart computer to close it again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont have any trouble with any of the other cs6 software.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Did CS6 ever work on your computer correctly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, all components in CS6 worked correctly until last Monday when I started suddenly having trouble Acrobat X Pro.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BTW I switched compatibility mode to Windows 7 and had a little more luck, but still freezing every so often. Any more thoughts on how to fix this?
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Have you attempted a system restore back to a date before the issue?