Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, IT Expert
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP. Software Integration and Deployment Expert
23511658

I was dealing with Dustin on this and making progress but

Customer Question

I was dealing with Dustin on this and making progress but there was a glitch involving new credit card details. Hopefully, that's now sorted. My question was/is: I have 32 bit Windows 7 on my lap top and have successfully installed Palm One which automatically
sourced existing address and date books. I want to duplicate same on my new 64 bit Windows 8.1 desk top PC but so far no luck. Will not accept Palm One downloads even when they are labelled for 64 bit Windows 8.1. Get an error message that says Error # *****
(###) ###-#### ***** you help??
Category: Software
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. If you have programs that are labeled for 64-bit Windows, they definitely will not install on a 32-bit Windows operating system. The opposite of that is not true however, if you have a 32-bit program it will almost always install onto a 64-bit based operating system. So, if you were to keep everything at least for the Palm, as 32-bit, then it should make things a lot easier for you. If that doesn't answer your question or if you are still having problems or even if one of the versions is not available in a 32 bit version or in a 64-bit version that actually works, please let me know and I will help you work it out until your question is answered. Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks MikeI think I tried downloading 32 bit version without success but, will try again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MikeWindows 8.1 is 64 bit, right. So why can't I download 64bit version of Palm One and have it work??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm still waiting!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've given up and will be seeking a refund!!!