Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

My computer was invaded by viruses and Trojans Iran avast and

Customer Question

my computer was invaded by viruses and Trojans Iran avast and spybot and now cant get internet explorer , bloody mess I have Windows 8.1 should I delete all the programs and wait for Windows10 or is there a easier solution , I am using an old computer that is running on wireless that has been unaffected . Help . Regards Ian
Category: Software
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. What happens when you use Internet Explorer? Is there any error or message?Do you have any other internet browser working?Would you like to reset the computer fresh?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Also, what happens when you use Avast or Spybot?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
It looks like you are not there, so let me provide some suggestions you can try when you are available.- Close Internet Explorer. Then go to Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Internet Options. Then click on Delete, then delete only temporary internet / website data. Then click on the Advanced tab, then click on Reset button, then Reset. Then open Internet Explorer and check. If needed, restart the computer and check.- And/or you can reinstall Windows 8.1 fresh, so everything will work normally:Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.Under Refresh your PC without affecting your files, tap or click Get started.Follow the on-screen instructions.When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you,