Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proud to have been getting computer technicalities into working order since 1988.
13568747

My barnes and noble membership no longer works when I order

Customer Question

My barnes and noble membership no longer works when I order on line--I do not get free shipping. I discussed this with a customer service person more than a week ago and was told it was a temporary computer glitch.
That doesn't seem to be the case. Can you help me figure out how to order without being charged for shipping, as promised by my membership agreement?
Patricia Pelfrey
Category: Software
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Make sure you are logged in to your Barnes & Noble account, on www.barnesandnoble.com, and not logged into someone else's account. This can be done more surely, before buying or before browsing to buy, by going to that address, if you appear to be logged in, logoff or log out. Than close all browser windows. Then use Disk Cleanup to remove all Temporary Internet Files and all Temporary Files.Then when that's completed, open the browser again, log *in* to barnesandnoble.com, your account name... and, leave that windows open. Go to another tab, or open another browser window, to browse and buy, but do not close the window that you logged in on. (That might log you Off again.) See if that works. Let me know how it goes, please. Thanks.