Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

Google Chrome keeps crashing and freezing on me. I have to

Customer Question

Google Chrome keeps crashing and freezing on me. I have to restart my computer, and even when I do, it'll work for a little while and then back to the same thing… Any advice?
Category: Software
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

Please try: Open Chrome, then try: click on the 3-bar icon at the upper right corner in Chrome, then click on History
, then click on Clear browsing data..., then at the drop-down list (which is next to the option Obliterate the following items from:), select the option the beginning of time, then click on Clear browsing data at the bottom
; next, click on the 3-bar icon again at the upper right corner in Chrome, then click on Settings

, then click on Show advanced settings..., if shown, at the bottom (scroll down as needed), then scroll down to the bottom, then click on Refresh / reset and confirm

Please let me know. Thank you.
If that does not work, then download and save the Chrome software at the website below (but don't open it for now):

http://www.google.com/chrome/eula.html?system=true&standalone=1

, then close / quit Google Chrome program
, then uninstall the Google Chrome program
, then open the downloaded chrome... file to reinstall it
, then check.

Please let me know. Thank you.