Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

Cant get windows 7 SP1 to install

Customer Question

I am having a horrible time getting the windows 7 SP1 to install. This has been going on since late 2014, when I had geek squad come over, and even they couldn't do it. It is error 80070490.
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You are right on the DVD and not to use it as you need to use the one that comes with your phone.
How exactly did you run the system file checker?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is not my phone. It is a HP desktop. System file checker came back clean so no issues it is showing, but I had to go to command prompt and type in Sfc /scan now. That didn't help though because it said it was ok after it ran
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, not sure what you mean with a phone.... but I asked how you ran the file system checker, what steps did you perform.
can you tell me this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just told you the steps. I am not satisfied with your service there seems to be a huge communication gap. I will cancel the paypal payment and not use this service again. I guess I was just desperate after trying a million things, so I made the mistake of trying your site. I will not do that again.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No sorry you did not.
You only told me it was not a phone and that it came back clean.
Here is your exact message
"System file checker came back clean so no issues it is showing, but I had to go to command prompt and type in Sfc /scan now. That didn't help though because it said it was ok after it ran"
I dont want to, nor will, guess at answers so need to know the answers to my questions asked. It is a pity you feel this way, and I am quite confused but it is of course up to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what more information are you needing for the steps? The steps were that I went to the command prompt and typed in the sfc /scannow. Those were the steps, and you did say "phone" when you said "the one that comes with your phone". I am not comfortable with our communication gap. This is not working for me. Also, I keep seeing more charges popping up for me such as $20 and $38 when I already paid the $36. This is not right.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need you to cancel the $36 charge. I am not satisfied. I tried going to paypal and filing a dispute for the $36, because I do not feel I am receiving the help I need from your site. Please cancel this $36 charge, or I will need to escalate it with paypal.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you can get a refund here
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund
Thank you and all the best