wiz of all
wiz of all, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  BS Degree
16249036

Access database to PDF, not editable

Customer Question

I've exported an Access database Report to PDF. However, when I make that PDF editable, the fields become empty cells where I can add/edit date but the original data in the fields our outside the field and not editable. Does anyone know a solution?

Category: Software
Expert:  wiz of all replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Can you send me the file here.Let me see what could be done.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Attachment: 2015-07-10_220812_vendorlist.zip

Here it is. The two fields I'm want to make Editable are the Comments field and the Status field. If you can do this, I'd really like to know how you did it, because Acrobat Pro just isn't working for me, or I don't know what I'm doing. Thanks!

Expert:  wiz of all replied 1 year ago.
I recommend you to download Foxit Reader.It's great.
https://www.foxitsoftware.com/products/pdf-reader/
Open your file. Now click Comments-> Typewriter(It's a big T). Now just click wherever you want to add text, then start typing.
I hope this is what you're looking for.I'm here if you need further assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That doesn't make the fields editable. That's just writing over the page where ever you clicked.

Expert:  wiz of all replied 1 year ago.
Oh that's not good.
I'hv found another software(14 day trial) which searches the pdf document for any text and makes it editable.It uses OCR technology.
https://www.gonitro.com/pro
After downloading,open your document in it->Go to Edit tab->click 'OCR'->Select "Make searchable and editable"->Select 'Edit' from the menu above(it's square shaped with an arrow).
Now go to any text you want to edit.A box will appear around it.Right click on it->'Edit Text'.
I just tried it on your document and it works perfect.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The first time I clicked the Edit tab it said my Trial period has expired. And I've NEVER used it before! Have you actually used it?

Expert:  wiz of all replied 1 year ago.
Yes I did.It's been two days since I downloaded it and it still lets me edit all I want.
This is the best solution I know to your problem.I believe downloading the software again should solve the trial issue.Tell me if this still doesn't solve your issue and I'll refer another expert for you. :)
Take care and have a nice day :)
Expert:  wiz of all replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Did it work?