Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, IT Expert
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP. Software Integration and Deployment Expert
23511658

POS. How do I set an item to ask every single

Customer Question

For quickbooks POS. How do I set an item to ask every single time it is scanned to ask for retail price. For this specific Item the price changes constantly and I would like it to ask each time. When I set up POS the first time it did have that window come up every time.For some reason it does not ask any more.
Category: Software
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. When the item comes up on the QuickBooks POS screen, you can press F5 to make an adjustment to the price. You can also define the item as item type: non-inventory. Please let me know if this accomplishes what you need or if we need to dig a little further. Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Before we did not have to hit F5 it popped up automatically to ask for the price so would like it that way again.

As I said, you can define the type of the product as "non-inventory". Inventoried items will come up with a default price, even if you don't enter one - it will base it on the cost of the item.