Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have vast experience with configuring & repairing and utilizing software.Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I'm using Adobe Premiere Pro CS 5.5 and am having a problem

Customer Question

I'm using Adobe Premiere Pro CS 5.5 and am having a problem with importing clips. I capture video using another capture card that produces a VLC Media Player file. Premiere Pro won't recognize this AVI file so I have to use Any Video Converter to convert it to an AVI file type that Premiere Pro recognizes. I've double-checked the original clip (from the capture card) and the converted AVI file from Any Video Converter, and they are fine. The problem becomes when I import the converted clip into Premiere Pro and then look at the clip, I any noticing the import process is adding repeat frames (e.g., repeating the last moment of action again). These repeating frames are a replay of the last movement. I am using Adobe Premiere Pro with default setting and have not changed anything from the initial installation defaults. Currently, I have to find these repeated frames and cut them out. They happen about every 5 seconds or so, so its a lot of work to remove them. Any advice on what I should look at settings wise or how I can eliminate these 'repeating frames' business?
Category: Software
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.
Whenever you see issues like that, its clear that premiere pro is interpreting the footage wrong.
Either its assigning the imported file the wrong resolution, or more likely the wrong speed / Frames per second. This isnt a settings issue or a program issue perse~, rather its closer to a file conversion issue.
Your best bet, would be to manually assign the correct fps and speed and resolution of the file.. Of course you have to know what the original file was recorded at using the capture card.
The tutorial below, goes into depth on the specific issue you are facing.
https://library.creativecow.net/articles/devis_andrew/Interpreting-Footage-Premiere-Pro/video-tutorial
If you have further questions or concerns, let me know.
I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent submitted below this answer when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dustin, I tried what you suggested after watching the online video, and it didn't solve the problem with repeating frames. I imported several clips that had the repeating frames issue several times. After importing the same clip several times, I noticed that the repeating frames problem moved to different areas of the clip. So this didn't solve the problem with repeating frames. What else would you suggest I try to eliminate the repeating frames problem?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
My apologies for the delay in getting back to you. And it looks like I sent you a message intended for another client, and sent your message to the other client. You mentioned before a live phone call. I think our best option would be a screen sharing session. That way, I can over see the import and try to adjust the interpretation that premiere pro is making that is causing the issue. Again, its the way its interpreting the file thats incorrect. It could be due to the conversion software you are using. But it should be able to be corrected by adjusting the settings I mentioned. if you would like to try a screen share, let me know. D.S I