Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

Acrobate XI Pro - when combining two pdf files (one being a

Customer Question

Acrobate XI Pro - when combining two pdf files (one being a pdf from excel worksheet), the pdf (excel) file comes in with different page sizes. How can I make the pages from the excel pdf portion consistent with the other 8 1/2 x 11 pdf. Before I pdf'd the excel worksheet made sure all had page layout of 8 1/2 x 11 however once pdf'd they all have different pages.
Category: Software
Expert:  dresteve2000 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! Could you explain exactly how you are converting the excel sheet to PDF?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In excel 2010 I PDF - File - Save as Adobe PDF - brings up dialoge box - Conversion Range (entire worksheet) - convert to PDF
OK great so you end up with a separate PDF first before trying to merge them correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
How do the pages appear when you open then independently ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I view them in the pdf version you can see the difference in page sizes - it is at the end of the document - it prints out fine - however if I were to send the report in the pdf version the recipients would notice the pages are larger than rest of document (basically the none excel version). I that what you are asking?
Yes, exactly. Strange that PDF is not exporting in the correct size...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
couldn't agree with you more
Could we arrange for additional services for a remote screen session so I can explore the options on your machine to see why it is not exporting in the correct size?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's very noticeable when looking at pdf form, and what I am wanting to send out is our financial report - a public document - want it to look uniform. This Acrobate Pro is new to me - received a new computer and that's all they could install was newest version (miss my old version), don't know if it has anything to do with it.
Yes it's most likely just some configuration settings that need to be adjusted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure, I assume I can do remote - I'll have to get permission from our IT Department first however. Can I get back in touch with you as soon as I hear back from them?
No problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi A. Stevens if you are still there. Received okay from IT to do remote screen session. Let me now when you are ready.
OK, can we schedule for in about 45 minutes? I need to sign out of the office and get home but I will connect with you when I get home
Please follow this link: http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=143235d5-9ea5-41ff-90bd-648c59b62f8f Click "I Accept" at the bottom of the screen, and then allow "Elsinore Screen Connect" to run