Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks
32989067

HP laserjet pro M1217nfw multifunction wireless/USB printer,

Customer Question

HP laserjet pro M1217nfw multifunction wireless/USB printer, the control panel is blank with power on. it was working fine until I turned it off between pages being printed. how do I correct this?

q=1245am 6 30 2015

manual attached

Attachment: 2015-06-30_054901_hp_laser_jet_m1217_manual.pdf

Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step, remove the power to the printer and let it sit for 20 minutes.
Then connect the power back up, turn on the printer and tell me if it now functions please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

3 status lights on the control panel stays on. the blue wireless light does not flash or come on.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, if you connect to it via a USB cable and then try to print to it, does it print?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

USB connected, it reports an error in printing and could not print

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
It is the internal main board that has faulted. This is the cause for the control failure, why wifi is not functioning and why it now also wont print via USB
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you