Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have vast experience with configuring & repairing and utilizing software.Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

We need help setting up "Favorites" in the Canon iPF 750 con

Customer Question

We need help setting up "Favorites" in the Canon iPF 750 configuration box.
We plot from AutoCAD to a Canon iPF 750 plotter. If it's possible we'd like to access the appropriate "Favorite" configuration through the AutoCAD plot box, without going to the iPF 750 Custom Properties box each time.
Category: Software
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
To be clear, youve already figured out how to save / add custom favorites to the print driver menu.
And the step you are trying to eliminate is clicking on Properties and then clicking on favorites inside the print driver.
If thats the case, unfortunately it cannot be done. Not without changing the method of printing altogether.
If however, you were encountering issues saving customized favorites for quick access, I can help you there.
If you have further questions, let me know.
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, we haven't figured out how to save/add custom favorites. Here's the entire lowdown:
We are an architecture office and use a Canon IPF 750 printer for our hard copies. We want to set the defaults and can’t figure out how to do it – we have to change the settings each time we print a sheet. I downloaded the manual but couldn’t find the directions to set defaults, or save Favorites. We want something dumb and simple. Here’s the process:
1. From AutoCAD:
2. Select printer (if it’s not set to default through the Page Setup Manager to default to the 750).
3. Select ; IPF 750 Plotter Configuration Manager box pops up.
4. Select ; Canon IPF 750 Properties box pops up.
5. If we can use the Easy Settings to print our most frequently used setups that would be great; Advanced Settings is what normally comes up under Media Type.
6. We want to print 24x36, 12x18 and 11x 17 prints, all with the following defaults:
a. MAIN tab
i. Media type: Plain paper
ii. Print Priority: Line Drawing/Text
iii. Print Quality: Draft 600 dpi (anything other than “Draft” and the prints are too dark.
iv. Color Mode: Monochrome
v. “Sharpen Text” box is checked
vi. I don’t know the advantage of checking “Economy Printing”.
b. PAGE SETUP tab
i. PAGE SIZE: 24x36, 12x18 & 11x17 are the sizes we print the most.
ii. Orientation is set to Portrait, which we’ve never figured out. Our drawings are landscape but Portrait seems to work just fine and I don’t remember there being any difference if Landscape is checked.
iii. ROTATE PAPER 90 DEGREES is the box we always forget to check, which both wastes paper and time because we have to trim the sheets.
iv. PAPER SOURCE is Roll Paper.
v. ROLL PAPER WIDTH: We’ve always used 17 and 36 inch rolls but want to use 18 inch rolls – there’s no choice for 18” – am I missing something?
vi. ROLL PAPER - Automatic Cutting is set to YES
c. LAYOUT tab – no special settings
d. FAVORITES tab
i. Here’s where we’re stumped. We need FAVORITE settings for:
1. 24x36 (full size print)
2. 12x18 (half-size print)
3. 11 x 17 (24x26 drawings scaled down to fit on 17” wide roll, not to any specific scale.)
I’ve never really thought this through before, but I guess we use 11x17 because there’s no choice for 18” roll paper.
Finally, if there’s a way to choose the above configuration settings through the AutoCAD Plot menu (instead of having to go through the IPF750 Properties each time) we’d be in good shape.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Understood.. In that case, lets start with the simpler aspects first.
Economy Printing = When this mode is selected, less ink is consumed than in regular printing, but the
quality is diminished.
Select this mode if you want to conserve ink when checking drawings, for example.
Depending on the Media Type and Print Quality settings, this mode may not be
available
Now, choosing a quick favorite from autocad wont be possible. ( without going into the print driver menu )
However, setting a favorite is entirely possible. And as long as you set favorites for the three settings you mentioned , that should save a considerable amount of time.
Can you view page 214 in the manual, the " registering favorites " section.
http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/1/0300004471/02/iPF750-UserManual-Eletter-140.pdf
If you run into any issues registering / saving favorites let me know.
I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent submitted below this answer when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.
Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** it.
One last thing, how do I set up the Canon properties to use 18" wide roll paper?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Page 121, registering a custom paper size is what your looking for.
Keep in mind, you can save the custom paper size as a favorite along with the other settings you enable / change.
Dustin S.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,
I wanted to follow up with you to see if you had any further questions, or needed further assistance with the issue.
If so, please reply when time permits so I can assist you.
If you are satisfied with the help I offered, please click one of the rating icons and submit the rating. As currently my work history shows that I was unable to help you with this question.
Thank you,
Dustin S.