Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I am attempting to reinstall

Customer Question

I am attempting to reinstall Documate 262 driver on Windows 7 Pro and it is being interrupted (error message). Can't get it to continue. I have uninstalled OT and the old driver, restarted a number of times. Even tried the manual uninstaller. Any suggestions?
Category: Software
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Xerox Documate 262 is part number 85-0242-000. I am attempting to install driver DM262_4.6.10.0203.EN, which was downloaded from the Xerox/Visioneer site. The remover was OTManualRemover, which was suggested in a Xerox support page. I would like my scanner to reconnect with Nuance PowerPDF and Paperport 14, which is how I have scanned documents for many years and would like to soon again. If you need any additional information, please advise by email. Thank you for your assistance.
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

If anyone wishes to ask Jason a question directly,
they can do so at the following page: www.JasonFixedit.com

My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.
I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.
May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd like you to tell me what might be the issue and see if I can fix this. To add another $35 to the $38 is not what I had bargained for. I believe I was guaranteed an answer.
I am sorry for the confusion.
I am very familiar with this problem and have dealt with it or similar problems a few thousand times.
I don't want you to feel like I am trying to nickle and dime you.
How about this; may I remote in at no extra charge? I will do this as a favor to you, being that you were not fully aware of how the system here works.
- Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. How about you tell me what needs to get done and I will do it? If you cannot do this, I will request the guaranteed refund. Thank you.
I have run out of ideas.
For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.
The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.
When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.
Thank you for your patience.
- Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no patience for this scam. We are done. I want my money back.