IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

How does one edit the chrome app start page. A company called

Customer Question

How does one edit the chrome app start page. A company called ASK.com did the same thing a while ago. There was alot of discussion but now single resolution
Category: Software
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Here is how to do it:

1. Start Google Chrome

2. Click on the Chrome customization button (button with 3 lines located in the upper right corner) and then click on Settings

3. Under the Appearance, you can change your home page by clicking on Change next to the existing home page.

You can also change the On startup settings. If you want to have one or more web pages automatically open when you start Google Chrome, select Open a specific page or set of pages. and then click on Set pages. Change or set new startup pages and click OK

4. Now exit and re-start Google Chrome. It will now use the new settings you set.

If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know.

Regards,
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. If you do, let me know.

If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my help to you using the rating box (smiley faces).

Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I found out from Google that chrome hijacking is a common problem. I found what you suggested but does not cure the real problem. I suggest you look at their homepage. The VP of engineering wrote about using reset to clean all changes to chrome from all external sources. this is one of their number 1 complaints!!!! Response not worth $36 cancelled.

Bye and good luck

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi again!

If you read your original question description again, you should see that you never mentioned anything about Google Chrome browser hijacking, but only asked how to change the Chrome start page.

I responded to your with the instructions on how to do exactly that.

If you had mentioned that your Google Chrome browser got hijacked and that you saw strange ads and toolbars being shown, my response would have been different, since I would have described how to fully clean up Google Chrome browser.

I actually have a better solution than the reset since reset deletes all saved bookmarks, browser and download history, etc.

Anyway, your problem seems to be resolved. If not, let me know.

I suggest describing the problem in full next time so you can get a response that fully covers the problem you are experiencing. Others cannot know what the problem is if you don't fully describe it.

Regards,