IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have downloaded a Trial Version of Acrobat DC Pro. I use

Customer Question

I have downloaded a Trial Version of Acrobat DC Pro. I use it to convert my business template which is created in Word into PDF. The trial version is distorting the formatting and has a pale blue strip down the right hand side of the document. I have previously used Acrobat 6 without any issues. Any Suggestions.
Phil
Category: Software
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

If you only want to convert Word documents into PDF, then you can do that directly from Word itself, without the need of using Acrobat DC Pro.

To do that, open a Word document you want to convert and click File > Save As. Under "Save as type", select PDF and click Save.

Let me know how that worked for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Miro. When I open the word document that I want to turn into PDF and I follow your instructions I can save in One Drive, Computer or Add a Place. Beneath this I have 'Save as Adoibe PDF'. I can't see any othrer options.I am using Windows 8.1

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Please click File > Save as and select Computer.

A new window will then appear. There you can select where to save the file and, at the bottom, you can type a name for the document - in the "File name" box. Below that box, you will see the "File type" box which should say "Word Document". Click there and you will have an option to select another file type, so select PDF.

After that, click Save and the document will be saved (converted) to PDF.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK I've tried that three times. It converts the document into Adobe PDF with the same results.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
In that case, it seems that the issue is present in the Word document you are trying to convert.

Please test with another Word document to see if a pale blue strip will be present as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes the issue is with the Word document. Documents created in Word 2013 do not distort but the distortion happens with earlier versions . The distortion happens when we open the print function. We have tried saving documents created in earlier versions of Word but it still happens. Any ideas?

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

You can open a document created with earlier version of Word and click File > Save As > Computer and select another file type, just like you did for PDF, but this time select "Word Document" or "Word Template" or something else.

After that, exit Word and open the newly created document. Open the print function and check the results. If everything seems to be fine, then go ahead and convert that document to PDF.

However, if that didn't work, you will need to create a template using new Word version. First try to copy the whole template from the existing Word document - open it and select everything, copy it and paste into a new Word document. Hopefully, it will now work.

If not, try to copy only a part of the template from the old Word document (for example 2/3 of the template), and paste it into a new Word document, and finish the rest of the template there, if possible. Hopefully, it will work like that.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. If you do, let me know.

If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my help to you using the rating box (smiley faces).

Thanks,