sudipto_dutta
sudipto_dutta, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Computer Hardware EngineerCertificate Course In Computer Maintenance,8+ years of Experience in computer troubleshooting
15197395

I have P55W with Toshiba Media Player.

Customer Question

I have P55W with Toshiba Media Player. Will this play .asx files and how do I move them from my computer to the Toshiba Media Player? They do not show up as videos when I go to the Player.
Also, How do I get the tutorials to show up so I can view them?
Category: Software
Expert:  sudipto_dutta replied 1 year ago.
WELCOME TO JUST ANSWER!! My name is ***** ***** today I will assist you to solve or identify your problem.
Do you mean, you want to play the video from the media player program on the Toshiba P55W ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First, I have to get the file visible to the media player.
Did you try to play the file on Windows Media Player, because WMP support asx format video files without any problem. Please try that out and let me know, in the mean while I will try to find out, if the Toshiba Player can play it too or not ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I try to play in via Windows Media player, it takes forever to buffer, I get an error that the server is too busy to play or it will just stop and not play at all. If Toshiba cannot play it, why do I need it on my computer?
Toshiba Player do not support that format at all and when you buy any branded PC, they provide bunch of programs, which we do not use at all or use very rarely and in Toshiba PC, not only the media player, but there are many programs, which you may not need or use at all. But, they will provide it as they have developed those programs.
Now, can you tell me, which streaming video, you want to play ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to play a .asx file. I just looked on a Toshiba support page and the supported video files and .asx is not listed. Thanks for your help. Since you were not able to answer my question, I expect NOT to be charged.
Thanks,
Sorry, I do not understand your reply, I want you to help you to play the file format, but if Toshiba Player do not support it then, there is nothing I can do to force it to play that file. But, I can help you to play that format in your PC on other media players.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thanks, ***** ***** to use the Toshiba Player.
OK and one more thing, if you are asking not to charge your card, thinking that, we are Toshiba support and I cannot help you to play an unsupported format on that player then, I think there is some confusion, we are not Toshiba support, we are Justanswer.com, as you can see the name of our website we are international support site and here we answer people for their queries and here is your actual query "I have P55W with Toshiba Media Player. Will this play .asx files and how do I move them from my computer to the Toshiba Media Player? They do not show up as videos when I go to the Player" here you have not mentioned anything like, you will not pay if the player not support the file. You have asked a simple question, whether the player support the file or not and I have answered that correctly and even try to help you, so that you can play that format on other players, but you are not ready to take that option and now when I have answered your query , you are saying that, you do not want to pay.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never mind, Just forget it. I will not be using your services again.Good bye
Don't worry there is no need to be upset about the money, we are not Toshiba Support and even we tried to help you and as you do not want to play that format on other players and I have answered your query, you will get the refund, as you do not want to pay for the answer, because we always take care of customer satisfaction by giving refund or correct answer. So, please do remember this and I hope you will use our service again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank You, Enjoy your evening.