caraleneK
caraleneK, Software Engineer
Experience:  You one stop software Engineer
75835320

Reason my computer has deleted my browsing history

Customer Question

For some reason my computer has deleted my browsing history that I usually access via the favorites tab. I have Microsoft 7. Can I restore the history and why would it have been deleted?
Category: Software
Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be providing an answer to your question todayThank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. First when have this happened if you know the date you can do a recovery and restore .To do so You can simply type "System Restore" into the search bar of your Start menu, or open Control Panel -> Backup and Restore. Follow the options and select the date to which you want to revert the computer. See Warnings for a discussion of how this could adversely affect your computer. Waiting your feedback
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried that but it did not restore the history.
Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the feedback what do you see if you open you browser and go to favorits can you your info??
Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.
Also look at this for me please..Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - IE with no Addons - does this work better?IE - Tools - Internet Options - Advanced Tab - click Restore then click Reset - Apply / OKIE - Tools - Internet Options - Security Tab - click reset all zones to default - Apply / OKClose and restart IE and/or IE with no adorns
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I go to favorites - history - it shows not history except for tonight for the last two or three sites I've been on.
I tried number two above - no change.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After doing number two above, it only lists today in my history - there are no longer any options for yesterday, last week, etc. I tried number one above, still no change.
Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.
Thanks can I log on to your machine to help you??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes - how do we proceed?
Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.
Hello I have send you a offer to connect to your machine do you have team view on your machine ? If not please download the free version and send me the pin and paasword and I log on>
www.teamviewer.com/en/download/windows.aspx