Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I have adchoices appearing at the top of my website pages how

Customer Question

I have adchoices appearing at the top of my website pages how do a I remove them my Hosting provider keeps trying to sell me SiteLock
Category: Software
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please tell me the URL of your site so that I can check the ad problems?
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jess,

The URL Is http://WWW.nefana.org/cms1 if you click on the menu buttons the ads are posted on all the pages. I do not have a google adwords account assigned to the site. The platform is joomla and I cannot see anything unusual in the source code.

please advise me,

Lee

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lee,
Thank you for writing back with that information. I saw the ads that you mentioned and I believe it is a module or plug in or extension installed in your Joomla site.
Can you please check if you have installed such Google AdSense extension or module installed in your Joomla site?
Keep me posted.
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lee,
How is it going? Were you able to locate such ads module or extension in your Joomla site?
Also, can you give me an admin access to your Joomla site so that I can do it myself? Do not post the login info here. Instead, create a TXT file in Notepad and then save it. Then upload that TXT file in this site:
http://filesXpress.com
Then give me the short download link so that I can get the TXT file.
Another thing is, I can remotely access your computer so that I can directly fix the Joomla issue on your computer while you watch.
Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess