Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

The company I work an old torex superstore system and

Customer Question

The company I work for has an old torex superstore system and we are looking for a copy of the program files so we can loan onto a laptop. Any ideas where I can get a copy of the instal
Category: Software
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.
While I am looking for a copy of the software you mentioned. Can you provide the full name brand and model of the IBM system that you need a screen for, or even the name brand and model of the non working screen?
In the meantime, Im going to search for a copy of the software you mentioned.
Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dustin
I won't be back into the job till tomorrow morning. I will get all the information that I can then and will sent onto you.
Regards
Fearghal.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.. I will be working tomorrow.
Initially, this is what Ive found out. Torex, was bought out by Micros.
Micros, was then acquired by Oracle, the company who makes Java. There are newer versions of torex software, almost a dozen to be exact.
When you return to work, as best you can. Try to find the exact name and version of the POS software being used. And also, the model of the POS system or computer that is running it ( or used to be running it before the screen broke )
That will help narrow down our search.
Thanks,
Dustin S.