Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, IT Expert
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP. Software Integration and Deployment Expert
23511658

I have an asus s200e and i'm currently stuck on aptio setup utili

Customer Question

I have an asus s200e and i'm currently stuck on aptio setup utility. No matter what i've tried, none of the options are working and whenever I restart the device the screen just returns to the setup page. I've a feeling I need to update the BIOS or something like that, but I'm really no good with technology and have no idea how to fix this problem.
Category: Software
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. The first thing I would suggest is doing a hardware reset. To do a hardware reset you unplugged the notebook and if it has a removable battery, remove the battery and then press and hold the power button for at least 15 seconds. Once this is done plug the power back in but do not reload the battery at this point. Then turn the laptop on and wait to see if the boots. This will sometimes correct the problem. If it doesn't, we can continue from there.