IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have been using Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014 for

Customer Question

Hello.
I have been using Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014 for sometime now. It has worked perfectly.
Now when I run the program, exporting to video takes an extremely long time. For example to export a 15 second 1920 X1080 video with one video track and one sound track takes over 6 minutes. The file is about 27 Mgs in size. Last week to export the same video would take about 1 minute to export maximum!
Something is very wrong here and it has happened overnight.
Also, when I load the program, nothing happens for quite a while. If I click on the screen, I get a response 'program not responding', after about another thirty seconds the file will load and Adobe Premiere Pro will open.
The other problem that I have is that when turning the computer on and booting up, it takes a long time to boot up, much longer than would be expected.
The system that I have is
Windows 7 Professional
Service Pack 1
Intel R COre TMi7 CPU
Ram 24 Gb
64 Bit Operating System
NVIDA GeForce GTX 570
I hope someone can take over my computer and work out what is wrong.
Thank you.
Paul.
Category: Software
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Paul! I am IT Miro
.

It's good to hear from you again! I am sorry you are experiencing this issue.

Do you remember making any changes to your computer recently, such as installing new programs, or maybe new hardware?

Let me know,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Miro.

No, absolutely nothing added at all to the computer. No new software.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Well, something had to be changed since your computer started to operate that way. If you haven't made any changes yourself, then it could be that Windows installed some new Windows updates automatically. There have been many cases where new Windows updates caused unexpected problems with some installed programs, so uninstalling those updates helped.

It could be the same with your computer, so, if you haven't already tried, please run System Restore and select a date when you know your computer operated well so that Windows could attempt to restore settings from that date.

Here are the instructions:

1. Click the Windows Start button and type system restore into the search box and press Enter (or click Windows Start button and point to All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore)

2. You should see System Restore window. You will be given a choice to select either Recommended restore or Choose a different restore point

3. Since Recommended restore is usually one day old, select Choose a different restore point and press Next

4. You should see a list of restore points based on a date. You can also tick a box that says Show more restore points (if available)

5. Select a date when you know everything worked quite fine

6. To confirm, click Next and then Finish

7. Your computer will restart and restore all system settings to the date you selected

Don't worry about your personal files because they won't be affected by this process - only Windows and program files will.

I hope this helps! If not, let me know and I will check for further options.

Regards,
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hi again!

Have you tried with the System Restore yet? If so, what are the results?

Let me know,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Miro.

i do not want to do a system restore.

I haven't made any changes.

It seems as though the very slow issue in rendering the file related to the file itself, as rendering other files render quickly.

No need to go any further with this question.

Thank you.

Paul.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hi again!

System Restore doesn't restore nor modify any of your personal documents. It only looks for settings that can restore, such as registry changes and program changes that happen daily, even if you don't install new programs. For that reason, I first suggested it since it won't harm your computer. Also, on the last step, there is an option to show all affected programs to see what will change after the restoration.

When the restoration is complete, it is possible to un-do it if needed.

However, if you have reasons to believe that Adobe Premiere Pro runs slowly because of the file(s) itself, then you don't need to use System Restore as it won't help.

I thought Adobe Premiere Pro as well as other programs started to suddenly run slowly on your computer, so System Restore should help in case everything worked a lot better several days ago.

In case there is anything else I can help you with, let me know.

Regards,