Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  10+ years of work experience.
30759776

I reset my password ***** the computer isn't

Customer Question

I reset my password ***** the computer isn't recognizing it and now I can't get on...help!!
Category: Software
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.
May I ask which type of password ***** are referring to? Is it the password ***** to log into the computer, your wireless password, an email password, or something else?
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi it was the password ***** to log on to the computer
Thank you kindly for the update.
I see that you are using Windows Vista. I have followed the procedure below to recover the Windows password ***** few hundred times with no problems.
The process is quite simple. First, you will need to download the file below and burn the cd just as my directions state. After that, you will be all set.
Please, follow the instructions below to reset your computer's password:
- Click the following link: http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/download.php?type=livecd
- Click the Windows Vista download link and save that file.
- Burn that ISO file to a CD. You can use the application found here if you do not have a CD burner: http://cdburnerxp.se/en/home
- Place the CD in the problem computer, turn it off, turn it on, press the shortcut key responsible for the boot menu ( F12, ESC, F10 ), choose the CD-ROM, and boot.
- Choose Automatic and press Enter
- Sit back and allow the program to locate the passwords for you. It may take up to 10 minutes.
Reboot normally.
If you need any help burning the cd, please let me know. I can remote into your computer and create it for you.
I look forward to your next message or your rating below.
Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.
Thank you again,
- Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have access to a computer other than the one that I'm talking about and that 1 I'm unable to get into because of the password ***** so I don't know how this will be of any help
I am sorry to hear that.
Are there any other accounts on the computer that you can log into?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Please, follow the instructions below:
- Turn the computer off
- Remove all usb devices from the computer
- Turn the computer on
- Start pressing the F8 key on the top of the keyboard
- At the Boot menu, choose "Safe Mode".
- Hit the Enter key three times
- At the login screen, type the following for the username: administrator
- Leave the password ***** unless you know that you did put a password ***** for the administrator account.
Are you able to log in that way?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay I tried that. I pressed d f8key about 50 times but nothing has happened. I still have the logon screen asking for the password ***** I did reset a couple of hours ago. it's just not recognizing the password. and I long ago have lost the reset password ***** that would fix this problem.either I've forgotten the password ***** which I don't think I have or there is some corruption in the system that's causing it to not recognize the reset password
Did you press he F8 key immediately after you turned it off and on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I did... There was no response whatsoever
Thank you for the update.
In that case, you will have to use a computer on which you can create the CD that I mentioned earlier. That is the only option you have.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jason I don't know anyone that has a computer that I can use to do this. I'm not happy with this response since it has not helped me at all. Am I just out the $58? because I'm still at square one and unable to use my computer. is it possible to get the 58 dollars back at least?
I can send up the refund request right now, if you want. That will simply mean that I am not given any credit for my time.
The correct answer was given. When you get access to a computer, you can follow the instructions that I typed up for you and be all set.
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you. I would appreciate your putting in the refund request and I truly am sorry that you will not get credit for the work but its not helping me at all.
Instead of downloading the cd and burning it yourself, you can purchase a pre-made CD from the following page: http://www.amazon.com/Recovery-Boot-Password-Reset-CD/dp/B00B0WUC78
Once you receive that cd in the mail, put it in the computer, turn it on, choose to boot from the CD, and follow the instructions that it gives you. After you do that, you will be all set.
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
again, please submit my refund request. thank you
You are welcome for the correct information.
I will submit the refund request.