Millernomics
Millernomics, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Support for Gateway, Comcast, + 16 years exp.
64449083

My '13 MB Pro with all OS X 10.9.5 has issues with Adobe *anythin

Customer Question

My '13 MB Pro with all OS X 10.9.5 has issues with Adobe *anything.* Reader stalls it out, can't work with pdfs, want to download Photoshop trial but wondering if it's going to be more hassle than it's worth since this laptop doesn't play nice with Adobe. I don't have a clue what the problem is. Uninstall-reinstall has happened several times for the specific Adobe apps. Anything?
Category: Software
Expert:  Millernomics replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I sincerely ***** ***** be the bearer of bad news however, your OS has known issues with Adobe products. Not just 1, but several. My only easy suggestion to you, until they come out with a fix for this, is to try older versions of the Adobe products you are trying to use. Older versions tend to be much more compatable as they have already been put through their "paces" and have had to get their share of compatability patches over the years. Again, I sincerely ***** ***** be the one to have to tell you that but unfortunately that's the stage the OS and Adobe is at. (Google actually has a list of complaints about Adobe products not working with 10.9.5) If this has helped you, or at least saved you some further aggravation, please reflect so in my rating. ( I am "gifting some extra time to you just in case you require further help. This will allow me to see how else I can help you without you being charged extra. :-) )