Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, IT Expert
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP. Software Integration and Deployment Expert
23511658

CAN YOU EMBED A YOUTUBE VIDEO IN A WEB PAGE AND REMOVE ALL

Customer Question

CAN YOU EMBED A YOUTUBE VIDEO IN A WEB PAGE AND REMOVE ALL EVIDENCE THAT THE VIDEO IS PHYSICALLY ON YOUTUBE? I am able to remove the YouTube logo out and I am able to remove the link on the top of the video however I am NOT able to remove them both at
the same time When I remove the YouTube logo I cannot see the option for closed caption I also want to remove the other preview videos that show up when the video is over In other words I want to include the closed caption feature but otherwise remove all
evidence of the videos on YouTube I also want to prevent to the right clicking on the video to prevent seeing the code and the link. However the normal removal of right click from HTML does not stop the right click from YouTube when the mouse is directly over
the video Is there a way you could stop them from seeing the code when they right click on top of the YouTube video? THANK YOU -MARK
Category: Software
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. Unfortunately, there is no way to remove all traces of you to from the video that is being hosted on YouTube. Even if you could, you would lose all controls and I just don't think there is a way to do it. YouTube has a fairly sophisticated rights management system that would be preempted by anything that could embed without having you to branding. Would hosting the videos in a different way be a consideration, for example from a server of your own or a different video hosting provider? If it doesn't absolutely have to be you to you have some other options available.