Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

When I go to a site (Commonwealth Health e.g.) to view my

Customer Question

When I go to a site (Commonwealth Health e.g.) to view my medical records for lab work, the inital web page is normal but when I click onto a date to view the lab results, my screen turns into a SAFE mode. It has large icons, and I have to try to scroll
to the left to view more of the information. SOMEhow I actually was able to print the results out in a normal page size. What can I do to make it right again? It was fine before the towel heads on SafeCart messed around with it. I dread having to deal w/ the
accents again ! Please help if you can. Thanks a ton, Fran Berdy *****@******.***
Category: Software
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry about the issue. Do you still need help with this?
Does it happen with any other site?
Did you try the site on both AOL Desktop and Internet Explorer programs?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It happens whether I'm on AOL 9.7 or IE. It also has happened on 2 other web sites though I don't remember which ones. I just got a new NETGEAR (Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router Model R7000) which I have to brag that I Installed all by myself ! (I'm 66 and have never had a computer course). It has helped TREMENDOUSLY. But, I need help w/ this Safe Mode problem. Hope you can help.
Thank you. Please try:Close all AOL / Internet Explorer windows / websites.Click Start , and then click Control Panel.Open Network and Internet, open Internet Options.Then click on Delete and delete only temporary internet files.Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.Then close.Then check those 2 websites.If that does not work, AOL and IE are not compatible with some websites. Please try the following:- Please click on the website below to download and install the Google Chrome program:https://www.google.com/chrome; keep all default options during installation; when prompted, select the option to skip signing in a Google account., then open Google Chrome, then go to any website you want in Google Chrome, and see if it works fine in Google Chrome.Please let me know. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for a possible solution to my problem. I wrote down all the info but haven't tried it yet....why?....because I had Google Chrome on my computer 3x and all 3x I removed it because it was messing up my laptop. Is there something else I could try? Or possibly DO what you suggested and then REMOVE Google Chrome AGAIN ???
You're welcome. Please try my previous suggestions first.
If it does not work, then open Google Chrome. Then in Google Chrome, click on the 3-bar icon at the upper right corner, then click on History, then click on "Clear browsing data" at the top
, then at "Obliterate the following items", select the option "the beginning of time"
, then uncheck all the boxes, and check only the two boxes: "Cached images and files", and "Hosted app data"
, then click on Clear "browsing data" at the bottom
, then click on the 3-bar icon at the upper right corner in Chrome again, then click on Settings
, then scroll down, then click on "Show advanced settings" if shown
, then scroll down, then click on Reset..., then click on Reset
, then see if you can go to those websites in Chrome fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That really didn't answer my question and comment about how can I do this WITHOUT going on GOOGLE CHROME...and/or can I do this and then TAKE OFF GOOGLE CHROME ?
Sorry, I thought you want to use Google Chrome, since you kept uninstalling / reinstalling.
Can you please tell me what happens when you go to Start, Control Panel, Programs, Programs and Features and uninstall Google Chrome there?
Then do the followings and check:
Close all AOL / Internet Explorer windows / websites.
Click Start , and then click Control Panel.
Open Network and Internet, open Internet Options.
Then click on Delete and delete only temporary internet files.
Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
Then close.
Then check those 2 websites.
Please let me know. Thank you.