Chris R.
Chris R., Computer Tech
Experience:  BSBA CIS, A+ Certified
70521640

So I bought a toshiba laptop and with windows 8? and it made

So I bought a toshiba laptop and with windows 8? and it made me put in a username and password. Now I guess i can't remember the password. I thought I made the hint exactly what the password XXXXX but apparently not. Is there anyway to get around this so I can use this computer?
Hello!
I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today. Please Reply to me with doubts / questions till you are 100% satisfied.

I can suggest you a password XXXXX tool that can help you retrieve the password.

The other option is to restore the computer to factory settings.

Which option would you like to try ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

which ever is easier. I have already done the virtual box on this computer so I could have xp on it. So if I go back to factory will I lose that?

Hello this is Chris R. I believe I helped you with a question before and told you to install the Virtual Box. I assume you managed to get that working. Yes if you restored your computer to factory settings you would lose EVERYTHING. It would go back to being just like it was when you turned it on for the first time.

If you want to try and change the password XXXXX get back in then try this. It is a registry hack that is done from a command prompt. It should work for Windows 8 although I have not tested it yet. You would pretty much just need to burn the program to a Cd and then boot your computer to it. The link below explains exactly how to do all of that. If you run into any trouble though just let me know.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/gr/offlinentpwed.htm
Chris R., Computer Tech
Experience: BSBA CIS, A+ Certified