MrBargain, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Friendly Neighborhood Geek... Certified Tech, Webmaster, SEO, More! 18+ Years IT Experience

Apparently Nikon has employed a new proprietary RAW file (NWR)

Apparently Nikon has employed a new proprietary RAW file (NWR) that cannot be read by Lightroom. Is there any easy fix for this?

MrBargain :

Hi, my name isXXXXX have a suggestion but would need to confirm which version of Lightroom is currently installed?

MrBargain :

Also, if you just want it to work and not have to worry about trying to fix it, you can always download the free Adobe DNG Converter tool which will solve your problem rather quickly.

MrBargain :

This tool will easily convert your RAW files to the universal DNG raw format that LightRoom can work with. Since you have been directly affected by this image, you may be happy to know that both Nikon and Adobe are aware of it and working together to avoid these kind of issues in the future as you can see here:

MrBargain :

You may also have luck in using the latest version of the Nikon Transfer tool.

MrBargain :

Please review the information I provided and get back to me with more details so I can give more specific instructions.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am using the latest version, Lightroom 5. I knew about the various other converters but they add another step to my workflow which I was t dying to avoid (as in the past) by having a one stop shop answer in Lightroom. In any event it wold seem that at the present that option is not possible so I will go ahead and submit a smile face above so that you can get paid. If you do hear that there is any more direct way to go please let me know.

Tom Angell