Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

qone8 malware attack please help

qone8 malware attack please help
Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

Could you let me know the browser, i.e. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, you are getting this re-direct virus/malware in? Also, may I remote in to your system now, and take a look at the issue for you? Do let me know.

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am useing both Internet Explorer and Chrome at the Moment(I moved over to Chrome a few weeks ago and it did not import all my favorites)

Okay. Let's carry out a remote session now, so that I can take a look at the issue directly for you. You just need to click on the following session link now:
http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=953cd34e-099d-485e-924b-a986a5656193

Please join the session, then RUN the application when prompted at the bottom (If you are using Chrome, make sure to double-click and open up the downloaded application at the bottom) - and I'll be connected. Thanks!

Regards

Issue resolved; thanks!

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello mr Rath.I have a question ,since you fixed my pc yesterday I have a problem booting up.I log on with my password,get the welcome page and it freezes there.I then have to shut down with the on/off switch,turn it back on,then I get the black screen asking how I want to start the p.c. I choose normal windows start or safe mode and after a couple of tries it fires up normally.any ideas???

I see; let's do another remote session now. Please click on the following link:
http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=b998206a-19f4-4537-8e0c-e93df717f18e

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can't get in tried 5 options

Please try the following, new link now:
http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=580244df-9290-4822-9936-b4304faa0160

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no luck

This is odd, since you were able to connect just fine yesterday. Did you make sure to RUN the application after downloading it?

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes,could norton be stopping me

That's possible; did you receive any prompt from Norton when you tried to run the application?

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm back

Okay; did the system boot up all right this time?

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes,it booted up o.k. yesterday evening it booted up fine then thismorning it was a problem.Just one small point,I have malware bytes installed and I saw earlier that in the quarantine is a fil called startup attack or something like that

I see; it's likely that a startup service/entry was causing your system to hang up during bootup, so we just disabled all of the non-essentials items from your startup/services list now. One more thing I would like you to do is, carry out a FULL system scan using Malwarebytes' now.

If the issue recurs later on, just let me know. Thanks!

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

o.k will do I contact you if it persists,thanks a lot bye

Okay!