IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional

How to import JPEG picture from my computer to Photoshop Elements

How to import JPEG picture from my computer to Photoshop Elements 9?
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Hi. My name isXXXXX can help with this. Just follow these steps.

1. Open the Organizer from the Welcome screen.

2. When the Organizer window opens, choose File→Get Photos and Videos→From Files and Folders.

3. Open the source drive from the listed drives.

You see the photos stored on the media.

4. Select images and click Get Media (from the Organizer) or Open (from one of the editing modes) to open the files in the Organizer or an editor.

Now, you can edit the photos in Elements or save them to your hard drive.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Strange thing is I don't see "Get Photos & Videos". All I see is Import> Frame from video... or WIA support...

Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Ok Doug. Let me put you on a link that has pictures of what you should be seeing. See if that helps, go HERE.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

No it doesn't help. On PS Elements Organizer page under File, only item available is "Import"> that leads me to get Get video... or WIA Support

Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Ok There is something wrong but let me opt out and see if another pro has an idea for you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

OK... thanks

Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Please exit Photoshop Elements 9 and then re-start it.

Click File and first option should be "Get Photos and Videos". Second option is "New" and third is "Open Recently Edited File in Editor".

Do you see those options?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

NO

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

This is copy of page that opened....hope you can open it

Attachment: 2013-10-28_210747_ps_page.docx

Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for the screenshot, but you should have created one that showed all available options under the File menu.

Anyway, to import a picture to Photoshop Elements 9 in order to edit it, you can first locate it with Windows Explorer and then just drag-and-drop it into the Photoshop Elements 9 window.

That will open the picture so that you can edit it.
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Hey... that worked great...thank you