Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.

My browser,Google Chrome,has been taken over by AVG. I did

My browser,Google Chrome,has been taken over by AVG. I did not ask for this,I do not know why it happened,and I do not want it,and whatever the issue is,I will not PAY extra for a "cleaner" or whatnot when this is an issue I did not ask for or cause. I simply want it fixed,no muss,no fuss,ASAP,and Google Chrome as my browser.

Hello Cynthia! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Did you install the AVG program on your computer (and enabled the AVG / search toolbar/search option, etc.) that may have caused the issue?

Can we do a remote session, so we can chat, and I will be able to fix this issue directly for you?

Please let me know. Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No,I did not purposely install the AVG just showed up on my computer. No,I do not want to "chat" which will no doubt require further expense.

I'm sorry, don't worry, there is no additional charge at all. It looks like you have accidentally installed it (or when you installed program you wanted, it added in as a component.) I can fix this issue quickly for you. Please click on the website below, and allow the ScreenConnect program to run, then I'll fix it for you:

Edit: It looks like you are away; please reply back when you are available to continue. Thank you,

For now, can you please go to that website in Internet Explorer (the big 'e' program icon), not Chrome?

Or go to the shorter website below in Internet Explorer:

Put the above website in the address bar on the top in Internet Explorer, then press the Enter key:

, and allow it to run, and try any other option it gives you as needed. Thank you
I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need anything else later, please let me know any time. Please rate my service below. Thank you very much.