RichieMe
RichieMe, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks

i made the mistake of downloading windows 8, it is nothing

Customer Question

i made the mistake of downloading windows 8, it is nothing compaired to google.microsift doesnt wount to help me for some resson,however can you tell me how to get windows 8 off my computer. thanks
Category: Software
Expert:  RichieMe replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

To confirm, you have just installed Windows 8 on your computer correct?

So now you have a completly different computer to the previous version?

And what is the make and model of your computer?

Thank you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

to confirm: installed windows 8 app 3 wks ago. am useing the same computer as before. make of computer is hp 2509 pavlon

ok, the only way to return the computer to the previous windows is to reinstall windows, which we can do.

This will remove all data and return the computer to new, but it is the only way. You cannot uninstall windows as such, you need to install a different version.

To do this, turn off the computer.

Turn it on and keep tapping F11 until you see the recovery manager.

When you see this, run through the process to perform a Factory Reset.

this will remove windows and install the version that came with the computer (so your original version of windows) and Windows 8 will be gone.

Once done, you will need to set up the computer again like you did when you first received it.

If you have any difficulties at all, please do not hesitate to let me know so I can assist you further

Thank you
RichieMe, Software Specialist
Experience: Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

yes i got your answer. the f11 key does nothing. found the disk for windows
xp, in the process of installing it. will see what happens.thanks

Ok, then the install was removed from the Hard Drive.

Let me know how you go installing from Disk please.