huebelhoer
huebelhoer, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have work experience with computers, networking, and computer software.
29701876

WordPerfect 11 slow to print. When I click on printer icon

Customer Question

WordPerfect 11 slow to print. When I click on printer icon or use CTRL P both do the same. The box saying preparing document appears, but then it goes to a blank box with a ? and it takes a very long time for the document to print. I think I accidentally must have hit some control keys because the problem just started yesterday morning.
Category: Software
Expert:  huebelhoer replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today. I am sorry to hear that your having issues printing in Word Perfect. Many times deleting the registry value for the printing engine can fix these types of issues. Please follow my steps here.

First Close WP 11

1.) Click on "Start > Run" and type "Regedit" (Without Quotes)
2.) Click "OK" or hit "Enter".
3.) Go to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Corel.
4.) Rename (by right clicking on) PrintEngine and name it PrintEngineold.
5.) Close out of the registry.
6. Open WP 11

The Print Engine will be re created once it starts up. See if you can then print.

Please let me know if you still have issues. If that does resolve the issue please rate my service once your ready.

Regards
Hans Uebelhoer
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This did not work. When I go to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER I got a red "ab" (Default) REG_SZ (value not set) and on the second line it reads red "ab" PerfectFitLogical REG_SZ "*<> and a vertical line. How do I get it to go to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Corel?

Hi Mary,

Sorry your were not able to find it.

To get there go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER Then click on the little Triangle to the left of it to expand it > then go to software and click the little triangle to the left of that and so on and on. Once you get to Corel Click on it and you will see the printengine listed in the right window where you can then click on it.

Let me know if you still cannot find it.

Regards
Hans U
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I figured out everything you told me to do and I renamed the Print Engine to PrintEngineold and restarted WordPerfect 11. It is still slow to print.

It did not work. The printer box in the document says preparing document and then it goes to a blank box with a ? and an X top right hand corner. It takes a very long time for the document to finally print.

Hi Mary,

Sorry that did not work. I will reply back with another possible fix for this. These types of issues can be many different things so we may need to apply a few possible fixes to narrow down the issue.

I will reply back as soon as I can. You will get an email reply once I do.

Regards
Hans U
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK. Thank you very much

Your welcome Mary,

If our first fix did not work it may be a printer driver issue in WP 11.

I am going to look for the latest pack for WP11.

Can you open up WP 11 and go to help and tell me what service pack it says your on. You should be able to find help > about Wordperfect and it should list there.

Regards
Hans U
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It says Service Pack 3

Hi Mary,

Do you happen to have the Word Perfect Disks and the Key from when you purchased it?

Regards
Hans U
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, I do not have the WordPerfect disk. I have our registration number and our serial number.

Registered to: HMA

Serial Number: WS11WBD-0500356-KBW