Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Software expert with over 10 years experience.

i purchsed streets and trips 2013 w/ gps locator; trying to

Customer Question

i purchsed streets and trips 2013 w/ gps locator; trying to install on my laptop, seems to install correctly but does not request 'product key' #.... also gives error message: "registry settings for this application were not copied correctly. To correct these settings, run setup again for this application from the location where you originally installled it"... have uninstalled and re-installed and still get same error message, please advise if able, thx Ben Shaddock ... cobscabin@hotmail / outlook.com
Category: Software
Expert:  Chris L. replied 10 months ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXX I will be happy to assist you.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble.

At this point I am assuming you have it installed to some extent. This can happen when the installation was not successful. There are a number of things that you can try to resolve this error which I will list below.

Right-click the Streets & Trips icon, and then click Properties.

Click the Shortcut tab, and then click Advanced.

Select the Run as administrator check box then try and launch the program.

If that does not help do the following:

Click Start type streets.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

Right-click the Streets.exe file, and then click Properties.

Click the Compatibility tab, and then select the Run this program as Administrator check box under Privilege level.

Click OK and try to run.

If the above does not help please continue.

Click Start type programs and features in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

In the list of programs, click Microsoft Streets & Trips, and then click Uninstall.

If you are prompted to confirm that you want to remove the program, click Yes.

Next delete the left over streets and trips files. In Windows Explorer. locate the following folder:C:\Program Files\Streets and Trips Right-click Streets and Trips, and then click Delete.

Click Yes to delete all files.

Next delete temp files.

Click Start type %temp% in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER. The Temp folder opens.

On the Edit menu, click Select All.

On the File menu, click Delete.

Now try to reinstall.

Insert the disc in the DVD drive.
Click Next two times.
In the Install to box, change the default path by changing the folder name, and then click Next.

For example, if the original path was: “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Streets & Trips,” change the path to “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Streets and Trips."

Select your installation type, click Next, and then click Install.

After it installs try using the program.

If none of the above work feel free to reply and let me know and we can continue to troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks,
Chris