Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks

My windows 8 password XXXXXt work any more after a windows

Customer Question

My windows 8 password XXXXX work any more after a windows upgrade. I have no backup disks. Is there a way to get into my computer without knowing the password
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your Question. My name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

You can clear the password using a special tool.

On a working windows computer, Click Start and choose Computer

Insert the flash drive into the computer.

Look for the drive letter of the newly inserted drive, for example you may have drives called C: (your hard drive) D: (your cd-rom) and a new one that will appear after inserting the flash drive

It may be called E:

Now that we know the drive letter click this link

If it asks if you want to run or save choose Run

When the zip file opens click Extract Files it will ask you to choose a location. Click Browse and choose the Flash Drive letter (for example E:) then press OK or extract

Next on this computer, click Start, then choose Programs, next click Accessories finally Right Click on Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator

At the command prompt type these commands followed by pressing enter
(note I'll use E: as an example your drive letter may be different for the flash drive)

syslinux.exe -ma e:

This will make the flash drive bootable. Insert the flash drive into the computer and follow this video to complete the password removal

Once done, the password is removed.

If you have any difficulties at all, please do not hesitate to let me know so I can assist you further

Thank you