DrKlahn
DrKlahn, Computer Analyst
Experience:  BSci: Electrical Engr., Industrial Engr, and Computer Sci.
63151004

I have an Emachines Series E625-Model No:KAWGO LAPTOP.

Customer Question

I have an Emachines Series E625-Model No:KAWGO LAPTOP. I wiped the Windows Vista operating system to instal Ubuntu. When I started the computer afterwards, the following screen came up: Enter SATA Port o HDD User Password. After 3 unsuccessful tries, the following came up; HDD password XXXXX code 10524.
How can I get the password XXXXX get it operating again

Peter
Perth, Western Australia
Category: Software
Expert:  DrKlahn replied 3 years ago.

DrKlahn :

Thanks for using JustAnswer, the internet's independent site for Q&A consulting. I'm "DrKlahn," and I'd like to help you with this question.

DrKlahn :

Notice / disclosure: JustAnswer is a commercial Q&A site not associated with any computer hardware or software manufacturer. The "9 second" banner ad does not mean questions are answered in 9 seconds - it means about 400 questions are answered per hour.

DrKlahn :

Please send me a short message when you're online and ready to begin.

DrKlahn :

The system indicates that you're offline, so I'll save this session. When you join this session, please enter a message. This triggers an email indicating that you're online. Please allow up to 8 minutes for me to receive the email -- I will return as quickly as possible.

DrKlahn :

(note 05:20 13-Jun-2013 - No chat 10 min; save & wait pending customer joining session)

JACUSTOMER-e2xvevrw- :

Why did you people debit my credit card? I never got an answer to my question on the password XXXXX my laptop. Every time I went on line for an answer I never got to

JACUSTOMER-e2xvevrw- :

talk to Dr Klahn. Your service is very poor. Please credit my credit card immediately.

DrKlahn :

Thank you for your reply. Since you never joined the session to discuss the problem, it was not possible to give an answer.

DrKlahn :

When a billing question is raised, I am required to transfer your question to Customer Service. I'll do this immediately.

JACUSTOMER-e2xvevrw- :

I tried to join the session about 6 times and waited fort up to 20 minutes each time and never got an answer.

DrKlahn :

(note 08:18 19-Jun-2013 -- No response 6 days. Transfer to Customer Service.)