IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional

I can not get adobe cs6 to open. I downloaded the program last

I can not get adobe cs6 to open. I downloaded the program last night. I have an E-machine running windows vista.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

You cannot start Adobe CS6 installation or you cannot start the problem after it has been installed?

Do you see any error message?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I got this message:

"Photoshop detected a graphics hardware that is not officially supported. If you experience problems, please uncheck the Use Graphics Processor checkbox in the Performance panel of the Preferences dialog." I attempted to open a file, and PS quite running. When I tried to reopen it to change that setting, it will not open. *click*...nothing. I was able to open Illustrator right after, but did not see the same preference file as described above.

My graphics card is :NVIDA Ge Force 6150SE nForce 430.

I see. Let me check what can be done about this.

I may have found a solution. Could you tell me your eMachines model so that I can provide your the right instructions?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is ET1161-07

Thanks for the update.

The problem should be solved by updating graphic card drivers since it seems you have outdated drivers installed which are not supported by Adobe CS6.

Here are direct download links for the latest NVIDA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 graphic card drivers:

- for Windows Vista 32-bit - CLICK HERE

- for Windows Vista 64-bit - CLICK HERE

Download the file and run it in order to update graphic card drivers. You may need to restart your computer several times to finish the installation.

It is safe to close this window since you can come back and post results any time. You can bookmark this page by clicking Ctrl+D.

If you are not sure whether you have 32-bit or 64-bit of Windows Vista, just click the Computer icon and open your C:\ drive (Local Disk) and if you see two "Programs Files" folders there

- Program Files
- Program Files (x86)

that means you have 64-bit version of Windows Vista.

However, if there is only 1 "Program Files" folder, you have 32-bit version of Windows Vista.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok I am downloading the update now

Let me know the results.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Victory! I updated the driver and rebooted. I can open and edit a photoshop document. Thank you so much! Best $38 I ever spent.

I am so glad I could help! Smile

Please rate the answer using a smiley face to confirm you are satisfied.

If you ever encounter any computer-related problem again, you can always contact me directly using this link below: