Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Software expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

a Software Design Document.

Customer Question

In Week 1, you were asked to create a Software Design Document. Each week, you added a section to the document and submitted the following for grading:

• Software Design Methodology (Week 1)

• Requirements Analysis and Software Architecture (Week 2)

• Sequence and State Transition Diagrams (Week 3)

• Class and Activity Diagrams (Week 4)

• Verification and Validation (Week 4)

The final step in the design phase is to review the design to ensure that it adequately addresses the requirements and that it is sufficiently detailed to allow the organization’s engineering team to move forward with the implementation phase based on your design. This is also a good time to identify any potential constraints that might affect the organization’s ability to implement the design. In addition, particularly with today’s advances in multicore technology, it might be a good opportunity to identify potential performance improvements by utilizing multithreading into the design.

For this assignment, you will add 3–4 pages describing potential multithreading opportunities, performance metrics, and constraints that might affect the implementation of the design. Finally, you will further refine the Software Design Document to produce the final draft version. Updates may be based on peer and instructor feedback.

The project deliverables are as follows:

• Update the Software Design Document title page with the new date.

• Update the previously completed sections based on instructor feedback.

• Multithreading Opportunities

• Analyze your current design, and identify potential opportunities to incorporate multithreading into the design.

• Describe at least 3 areas of the software project where multithreading might improve the performance of the application.

• As a continuation of the verification and validation techniques that were described in the previous section, identify specific metrics that could be used by the organization in the performance-testing process.

• Constraints

• Identify and describe any constraints or other factors that might affect the organization’s ability to implement the software.

• Software Design Document

• Review the entire document for any changes and improvements that you would like to make.

• Ensure that this final version of the plan is sufficiently detailed to allow the organization’s engineering team to move forward with the implementation phase based on your design.

• Any previous instructor feedback should be addressed with the appropriate changes.

• Be sure to update your Table of Contents before submission.

time to identify any potential constraints that might affect the organization’s ability to implement the design. In addition, particularly with today’s advances in multicore technology, it might be a good opportunity to identify potential performance improvements by utilizing multithreading into the design. For this assignment, you will add 3–4 pages describing potential multithreading opportunities, performance metrics, and constraints that might affect the implementation of the design. Finally, you will further refine the Software Design Document to produce the final draft version. Updates may be based on peer and instructor feedback. The project deliverables are as follows: • Update the Software Design Document title page with the new date. • Update the previously completed sections based on instructor feedback. • Multithreading Opportunities o Analyze your current design, and identify potential opportunities to incorporate multithreading into the design.  Describe at least 3 areas of the software project where multithreading might improve the performance of the application.  As a continuation of the verification and validation techniques that were described in the previous section, identify specific metrics that could be used by the organization in the performance-testing process. • Constraints o Identify and describe any constraints or other factors that might affect the organization’s ability to implement the software. • Software Design Document o Review the entire document for any changes and improvements that you would like to make. o Ensure that this final version of the plan is sufficiently detailed to allow the organization’s engineering team to move forward with the implementation phase based on your design. o Any previous instructor feedback should be addressed with the appropriate changes. • Be sure to update your Table of Contents before submission.

Category: Software
Expert:  Steve Herrod replied 1 year ago.

Steve Herrod :

Hi, I'll be happy to help with this - do you have the documents mentioned already and when is the assignment for?

Steve Herrod :

Cheers

Steve Herrod :

Steve

Customer :

Yes I already posted the document.

Customer :

In Week 1, you were asked to create a Software Design Document. Each week, you added a section to the document and submitted the following for grading:

• Software Design Methodology (Week 1)
  • Class and Activity Diagrams (Week 4)
  • Verification and Validation (Week 4)

• Update the Software Design Document title page with the new date.
  • Multithreading Opportunities
  • Constraints
  • Software Design Document
    • Ensure that this final version of the plan is sufficiently detailed to allow the organization’s engineering team to move forward with the implementation phase based on your design.
    • Any previous instructor feedback should be addressed with the appropriate changes.
  • Name the document "yourname_CS649_IP5.doc."
  • Submit the new content as part of the final Software Design Document for grading.
Customer :

hi

Steve Herrod :

Thanks - when is the document for?

Customer :

sunday at 11:pm

Steve Herrod :

ok - I will need to opt out for another expert to pick this up

Steve Herrod :

as I won't have time to complete for then

Steve Herrod :

they will see all the details and should respond asap

Customer :

if you could have it by monday at 11 Am

Customer :

that would be good

Steve Herrod :

Ok, that shouldn't be a problem

Steve Herrod :

the only thing I can't see is the original document so far?

Customer :

yes

Customer :

do you want me to post the other document

Steve Herrod :

yes please - can you upload it to wikisend.com?

Customer :

Table of the Contents

0.1 Software Design Methodology

0.2 Requirement Analyst and software architecture

0.3 Sequence diagrams

0.4 State Diagram

0.5 Class Diagram

0.6 Activities diagram

0.7 Matrix

0.8 Verification and validation

0.9 Multithreading opportunities

0.10 Constraints

0.1 Software Design methodology

The organization that I have picked to write about is the Cloud back data and how much company is using the technology to back up their data. Right now is the biggest thing now is Amazon elastic Backup. Software design has to be designed to make sure that the design is feasible. We have decided to use agile to develop this project because of the complexity of the project. We want the sponsors and developer to have all the resources that they will need to get this project rolling and also create an honesty policy to work with the sponsors do not keeping them on the dare during the developments of the products. Why do I feel the agile methodology will work with for this project because of simple clear design? I believe that agile has some kinds of flexibility that allow you to make a change at each stage of the project. I think using agile allows you to make some specification change, and you don’t need to rewrite the program, and you still can deliver the project faster than the other methodology. If you look at the term agile base on the description, we can be sure that agile methods generally promote a disciplined project management process that encourages frequent inspection and adaptation, a leadership philosophy that encourages teamwork, self-organization and accountability discipline should be included and last trust your teams to be responsible to do the work. I think. Agile is a nice process for the development software design teams to help both partly to collaborate together to solve business needs. Where you have an Application developer and the customer communicates, and shares a common knowledge to quickly solve problems. This kind of response between a company should be share within all levels of development where you have Manager and worker address the need of the business by doing that you will find a quick solution to solve problem and last better products, what I am tried to convey to the reader this technique can be implemented to any organization. It doesn’t have to be only for software development. I think this kind of approach will feed any company to solve more problems rapidly by doing that you can be sure your last result as far a cost to produce the application in a cost effective and timely manner and reliable for work and have everyone do their part Manager and Technical teams to complete the finish model or prototype of the application. This is why I have taken this approach to pick this methodology. Cloud back up data that our architecture is not meeting the requirement of our few customers. So we feel using agile we can get things done faster. I have a very good knowledge within the organization that we are getting a lot of request in right now our cloud gateway is not compatible with other provider. Vendor who design other cloud gateway we want our application to be robust. In the past we had some technical documents and the guideline to design software and we can still use the same guideline just to implement or update the changed that we made during our development and testing.

13

Actor will be able to add and modify and delete items from the shopping card.

X

Medium

Low

14

Administrator must have full access to update database

X

high

high

15

System shall display customer information for review before finalize

Medium

low

16

Actor & users shall be able to remotely into the systems

high

low

17

Systems must able to allow customer to change password Only from console admin panel

Medium

low

18

Systems shall display and prompt user to change passw

X

High

low

Hi did

Customer :

Hi Steve I posted the original document on wikisend

Steve Herrod :

thanks - what's the ID#?

Customer :

james1973

Customer :

can you please let me know if you have them

Steve Herrod :

have what you copied and pasted to the chat

Steve Herrod :

but can't find anything on wikisend under that ID

Customer :

yes I did

Customer :

on the send I attached

Steve Herrod :

Ok - so I have the software design methodology

Customer :

alright Thank you

Customer :

Steve

Steve Herrod :

no problem

Steve Herrod :

will work on this later today and def have with you by Monday 11AM at latest

Customer :

Alright thank you I will wait for your email

Customer :

take care

Steve Herrod :

you too!

Steve Herrod :

The last 4 pages cover the multithreading/constraints etc

Steve Herrod :

Wikisend ID # 362224

Steve Herrod :

if that shouldn't work at all then here's a mediafire link

Steve Herrod :

Cheers

Steve Herrod :

Steve

Customer :

hi

Customer :

Hi Steve

Steve Herrod :

Hi

Customer :

what happen

Steve Herrod :

I'm not sure what you mean - did the document not come through?

Customer :

NO I have not received the document

Customer :

XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Steve Herrod :

I sent the links through earlier today in the chat window

Steve Herrod :

2:18 PM

Wikisend ID # 362224

2:19 PM

2:22 PM

Cheers

2:22 PM

Steve

Steve Herrod :

so you didn't receive any notification e-mail from JustAnswer that I'd updated the chat?

Customer :

No

Customer :

any design

Steve Herrod :

I can only apologise that the site failed to notify you of the update

Customer :

can you please email it to XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Steve Herrod :

unfortunately JustAnswer blocks e-mail addresses from the chat window for privacy reasons

Steve Herrod :

the multithreaded design is here

Customer :

ok

Customer :

uncutbiz

Customer :

please just add gmail

Steve Herrod :

ok

Customer :

sorry to ask how many pages

Steve Herrod :

3.5

Customer :

sorry to bother you

Customer :

I am looking at my UML design

Steve Herrod :

sorry - was offline for a bit

Steve Herrod :

What's up with the UML design?