Sony VAIO I7 laptop with Win 7 Pro and Office Pro 2010. After ding some updating, and clean up, whenever I try to open a link from Outlook 2010 email, I get a dialog box for needing to spcify program to pen it. What seem to be going on is any link that is ".com/xxxx" it is not registering that it is a ".com" and use IE to open the link. I have tried all the file association and program defaults.
Hi, my name is XXXX XXX I look forward to helping you today. I know first hand how frustrating these issues can be. Thanks for the chance to assist.Setting file association in My Computer, Tools, Folder Options, File Types should do it. Have you tried setting associations this way? You need to set .html and .htm files to open with your browser of choice (IE in your case).If you haven't done it this way, please try and let me know the results.If you have and it still doesn't work, let me know and we'll see what we can check next.Cheers,Drew
>htm and >html are set for IE. I did the change program, and specified it tagain, with the same result. For example, in the message that I have an answer waiting, I click get answer, and get the windows can't open this file, and options to search web or specify program. I note that the link has additional characters following the .html, which I am wondering if that is waht is throwing it off.
This should be all that's required. However I'll open your question up to other experts and see if they have any further ideas.Cheers,Drew
Without getting into some serious troubleshooting I would first suggest running a repair of Microsoft Office.