technicalcat, Consultant
Experience:  20 years combined corporate and small business experience.

How do I blur out someones face from a moving video, any free

How do I blur out someone's face from a moving video, any free software. I do have Windows Live Movie Maker on my Windows 7. If it is on Movie Maker, I can't figure it out. Is there any free software out there that is easy to use

tbe179 :

tbe179 :

There is a free video effects software available called "Wax" that can do the job.
The software is available from:

You can watch a tutorial video about the procedure at:

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It doesn't work for Windows 7, not downloading?

If the download doesn't work you can alternatively use the freeware "Zweistein" which is available here:

See the tutorial here:

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The site you referred to does not have a Zweistein attachment for downloading and the tutorial has no audio, cannot hear anything the person is saying!!!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
asked twice now and both suggestions failed
Hello and thank you for using this service,
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be your expert now. Please click on my answers for any accept.

I actually went ahead and installed Wax on a 64 bit 7 system for you and tested it. It indeed works. So, here is the download link, and if you download from CNET, make sure to select the "custom" and UNCHECK blekko junk so that does not get installed.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK when I downloan from the top page where it says Download and nothing happens?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK when I downloan from the top page where it says Download and nothing happens? this is what pops up....

The current version is 2.0e, and it has been tested on Windows

• With Vegas 4 and above the plugin integrates more with Vegas using scripting
      so please download and install the .NET framework if you havent yet.

It is recommended that you install the software to the default path, i.e.
      "C:\Program Files\Debugmode...". If not, after installation you will have to
      copy the "Wax 2.0\Samples" folder to "C:\Program Files\Debugmode\Wax
      2.0\Samples" to view the sample Vegas projects properly. If this is not done the
      plugin will complain about missing media files and wont open the projects

• You can get Wax 2.0 from one of the following sites (thanks to them for
    providing bandwidth). This distribution contains the core Wax standalone
    application + plugins pack for Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere/Premiere Pro and Pure
    Motion EditStudio.

Vassias Loverdos has created a lot of transition & FX presets which are
    included in the above downloads. To download more of his presets including the
    latest, visit his website. Wax
    also supports Freeframe plugins and you can download many of them from

Note: Also if you have installed Vassias Loverdos's presets
    collection, please uninstall that because they are all included in this Wax
    distribution. Also it is recommended that you uninstall any earlier version of
    Wax before installing this version.

The Wax Plugin Dev Kit is available for developers who are interested
    in writing plugins and transitions for Wax (requires programming knowledge in
    C/C++). If you are interested please send a mail to the webmaster of this site
    requesting the devkit.

Note for Vegas users
    As the first step after installation, please read the Wax UserGuide
    (a link available in the start menu program group of Wax)

Please post your queries/comments/reports at the Wax UserForum at over here, please make use of it for posting your words
    about Wax so that fellow users can benefit from what you

Right Cool You just have to click on the download link. Here is a more direct link. After you go here, click on the green download button. Just remember to do custom and UNSELECT the blekko junk. This will then download an archive which you will open, and run the the installer for Wax.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry Now it is asking me this question, not sure what to do...

Wax can load your third party plug in for using in your projects. Please specify the paths where these plug ins can be found.... ect

Virtual Dub Instalation path

Windows Movie Maker Installation path

Then it asks to either check off the following..

Load direct X filter... ect

Use Dummy host media in wax plug in...

Please follow the tutorial. That screen is a one time popup that is for exactly what it says. It can load the plugins, but it does not need to. You may find you'll want to go back and load them, or you may not. It all depends on how and with what you wind up using the program. For now, I would just skip out of that, then click back on start and get to wax and load it up. That's what I did here to test it for you. Make sure you watch the tutorial and familiarize yourself with the program.
EDIT: This is the link to the tutorial.
technicalcat, Consultant
Experience: 20 years combined corporate and small business experience.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

one final question, where is the program, usually there would be an icon i can click onto to open it up on the start up screen

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Found it, thanks
You're welcome. Please request me in any upcoming question you may have, and put "FOR TECHNICALCAT" as the first two words of your question. Thanks for using Just Answer.