IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I cannot log into my facebook account without a security code.

Customer Question

I cannot log into my facebook account without a security code. However, they are sending the security code to an old mobile. I have a new mobile number that I would like the code sent to, however, I cannot even get into my account to change the number. Any idea how I can get my new mobile number to facebook so I can get the security code to log into my account?
Category: Software
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Please note the steps below are NOT for a password XXXXX. Please be sure to read the notices in BOLD.

First, you must SIGN OUT of any Facebook account on your computer.

As a test if you click here ---> http://www.facebook.com You should see a log in screen. If you are brought to a homepage and signed in then you MUST sign out/log out of the account before proceeding to the next steps.

Click here ----> http://www.facebook.com/hacked

Click on "My account is compromised"

Enter your email address to find your account; Click on Search

Your account information will appear; Click on 'I don't know the password'

Click on ' I no longer have access to these' (You MUST click on ‘I no longer have access to these’ even if you still have access to your current email address associated with Facebook)

On the next page you will need to enter an email address that is NOT associated with your Facebook account. If you do not have another email address then you will need to create a free email account.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the email address that i entered is telling me that it is associated with another facebook account and that i need to use password XXXXX to recover my account? now what?
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
You must enter an email address that is not linked to any Facebook account when prompted

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i tried entering an email address that is not linked to a fb account. it then asked me to change my password, which i did....then it asked me a security question to make sure that it was my account...and i answered, but it then went back to the page where i am supposed to enter an email address....it seems to be a viscious cycle?? needless to say i still cannot log into my fb account.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
If you changed your password XXXXX please click here ---> http://www.facebook.com/

Sign into your account using the boxes at the top of your screen

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it is telling me that my password XXXXX XXXXX asking me if i forgot my password? and if so, do i want to create a new one.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
You can use the forgotten password XXXXX to reset your password.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have reset my password, but it still will not allow me to access my fb account.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
OK then you will need to perform my steps completely which will send an email to the email account you place on the form

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i am waiting for your email instructions. please send asap
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
If you followed my steps from above, it should take 5-10 minutes for the email
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i will wait for your email instructions to see if they work before i accept my answer. thank you.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
You are welcome
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have followed all your steps above and I am still receiving the message that they want to send a security code to my "old" mobile number. ??
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Please make sure you are following my steps because they do not involve sending a security code
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i will try your steps one last time. if i cannot log into my fb account, obviously i will not be satisfied:(
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Please make sure you follow the steps EXACTLY as they are stated above
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
this time, after i put in my email address and did a search, an account came up with the exact same email address, but NOT with my profile pic? it is asking if this is my account? or - none of these is me. try again. ?? what steps do I take at this point?
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
It is possible that someone changed your picture. If your email account is linked to it then please use it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i clicked that it was my account and it took me to a page in which i am supposed to input my current password. shall i enter my password?
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
You may try
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it brought me to a screen that says: ENTER SECURITY CODE. it said: Sorry.....we don't recognize the computer or device you're using. Please check your test messages @ (old mobile number) and enter the security code below.

Again, I do not have the same mobile number anymore. It has been changed.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
I apologize but I will have to OPT out of this question.

Please wait until another expert responds
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
today?
Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. Your Professional has opted out and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i am still waiting, but not if it is going to take another 2 hours.

Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hi!

If you are unable to verify your Facebook account using a mobile phone number, the only way of getting into your account is filling THIS FORM and send it to Facebook support. They should respond within 2 business days with further details, so give it a try. If they don't respond, re-fill the same form with more details and eventually, they will have to respond.

Good luck!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i want to know if someone is still working on my original problem?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Have you filled the form I gave you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

nothing happens when I click on THIS FORM

Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Strange. Use this link instead:
https://www.facebook.com/help/contact.php?show_form=mobile_account_verification

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i filled out the form via the link that you sent, however, now i received an email from facebook asking me to submit identification / verification information. i did all this already!! i'm back to square one. the other alternative i guess, is there a way to delete my fb account even though i am not able to log into it?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
In that case, just do it again and wait. I am sure Facebook support agents will contact you after you re-confirm your identity.

My advise is to re-confirm your identity as instructed in e-mail and then wait up to 3 days.

If nothing happens, you can e-mail Facebook on one of their official e-mails and request that they either enable you access to your account or delete it.

E-mails are: XXX@XXXXXX.XXX XXX@XXXXXX.XXX XXX@XXXXXX.XXX

IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional