Bernie
Bernie, Software Support
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified
46068869

Re PDF Flash Player -- has been working with no problem. Suddenly,

Re PDF Flash Player -- has been working with no problem. Suddenly, when try to view video from online news or tv program on xfinitytv, get message to download. Tried suggestions online but to no avail. Signed Very Frustrated! :)
Category: Software
Expert:  Bernie replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

To make sure you can return to me, please favorite or bookmark this page, alternatively you can go to www.justanswer.com and click my questions in the top right.

Now, at the top of your Internet Explorer screen, do you see a File menu (File Edit View Favorities Tools Help)? If not, press the ALT key on your keyboard and it should pop up.

Then, go ahead and click the Tools button > Pick Internet Options > On that window, click the delete button > Another window will pop up, make sure the Temporary Internet Files, Cookies, and History boxes are checked, then press the Delete button

Now click the Advanced tab > Press the reset button, then press reset again > Close Internet Explorer and reopen it > Come back to this page, then download and install the latest version of flash from this link, click HERE

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I did the first step, made sure required boxes checked and deleted cookies, etc. But when went to Advanced and tried to "reset", I got a message that IE browser had to be closed first, however, closing IE closes access to Tools, etc. ???
Expert:  Bernie replied 4 years ago.
Close all Internet Explorer windows (including this one) > Press the Windows Start button > In the search box type inetcpl.cpl > Press enter on the keyboard

Click the Advanced tab > Click the reset button > Press the reset button again > Click close, ok > Now go ahead and start Internet Explorer and proceed with the other steps

Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

When I tried to go to "Start" button, it's suddenly being over-ridden by a Windows Vista... so I no longer have the usual "start up" button with all my lists above it or the small box I can type into???? What is happening? This is a totally new one problem?? :(

Expert:  Bernie replied 4 years ago.
I'm very sorry for the delay, I had to step away from the computer.

Please restart the computer and see if the issue is still there

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Not a problem, Bernie K. Actually, although I didn't think to restart my computer, PDF Flash seems to be working so far. BUT I am going to restart my computer now. Best not to take any changes so that I can confirm -- for both of us -- that it is totally fixed. I will be back in touch asap. I appreciate you following up. Here goes.
Expert:  Bernie replied 4 years ago.
Sure thing

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It seems just fine now and even loads faster than it had been before it stopped working altogether. Thank you so much! Interestingly, when I asked this question online, I found several others who had asked the same question but no one had responded (usually there's at least one person who responds, huh). Anyway, I'm good.

Btw, are there any "helps" available either onine or in a book for troubleshooting computer problems 'for the novice', i.e., Troubleshooting for Dummies? Cool I have been able to do a little bit of troubleshooing online on my own but it would be helpful if someone had put their know how in writing.

Expert:  Bernie replied 4 years ago.
You're very welcome, I was happy to assist you today. If you have other questions in the future and would like to reach me again, you can ask me directly here: LINK.

A powerful tool is the built in windows troubleshooter you have on Windows 7. Click the Windows Start button > In the box type troubleshooting and press enter > Click the view all link on the left task pane > You can select any topic there and Windows will automatically take you through fixing that problem.

As far as troubleshooting knowledge, there are general advice books like this one: LINK. Although this one may be more what you are looking for, just general all around knowledge on how to troubleshoot on Windows 7: LINK

Best regards,
Bernie
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you again, not only for the PFD Flash solution, but especially for taking the time to answer my general question; I will check out the links.

Take care,

- Linda

Expert:  Bernie replied 4 years ago.
You're most welcome Linda, thank you.

PS: Please also see this LINK

I think you're beyond the PC book I posted in the first link, this might be more what you're looking for. I like these series as well, they are fun to read : )